Sunday 30 November 2008

An R & R Sunday


Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

This is going be a short post; as today was a full day and I am going to call it a night in the next little bit!

This morning, I joyfully watched the Vision Channel (You can refer to yesterday's post, if you wish some background); ie 'Hour of Power', 'Enjoying Everyday Life', and 'Living Truth'. All three programs were awesome; and it was just what I needed to hear today! I will share a bittid with you, tomorrow or Tuesday.

It has been a foggy and dark day; a perfect day to 'dig out' Christmas decorations from our garage. We still have boxes (not just Christmas items!) that we have yet to unpack, since we moved here 2 years ago; fortunately, I was able to locate most of the decorations! What I have not found, am sure, will 'turn up', when Alan and I finally clean out our garage / basement. It is amazing all the tidbitz 'stuff' that piles up over the years; particularly after a move! Am genuinely looking forward to that 'project'; as our garage will be better organized with less bittidz clutter!

We have our Christmas tree up! Basically, it was the artificial tree that Alan found this summer, in the compound's garbage. I wrote a post or two about our 'found treasure', a few months ago. We love the 'fir tree'; and it looks so realistically beautiful now; with all the antique decorations and colourful tinsel wreaths embracing it. We do not have the room for too many decorations; however, I will do my best to create 'Christmas space!' LOL! Last year we were in Zihua; and as we had returned home only a few tid days before Christmas, we did not put up a tree etc. Turkey dinner yes - with all the trimmings! At the moment, our house looks like a 'battlefield'; however, it will be tidied up within the next few days. We have a major busy day tomorrow; starting early; so am going to go; before I 'ramble' on. Can you believe it is December 1st tomorrow? This Christmas is going to be extra meaningful for many people, methinks!

Today is Alan's Mum's birthday; we have her in our thoughts and Prayers; and we know that she is at peace in Heaven. That is a tidbit of gentle comfort to us; and eventhough, I only knew her for 5 years, she was a lovely woman. Alan and she had a 'special bond'; so both Alan and I are appreciative of the Blessed memories we have of her.

We have much to be thankful for; and 'Praise Him In ALL Things'. Love the above photo image; that is Alan and I tonight!

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: