Saturday 11 October 2008

We have much to be thankful for!



















Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It is a cool 44 degrees F this am. In some part of the world, this temp would feel very cold and yet in other locations, these temps would be very warm! Anyway, it is what it is; and though a bit chilly (to me), it is another glorious Autumn mornng!

Had a sound sleep last night; think I would have slept through just about anything! Alan and I, including our Blue, slept in this morning; but then it is Saturday; and it has been quite the week! For us all, around the world, for that matter.

At the moment, my coffee is brewing and I will be returning to our warm cosy bed in a bittid to do some 'studying'. ie Spanish. When we were in Zihuatanejo, Mexico last December, one of our hosts, gave me about 10 pages of nouns and verbs; as he knew I wanted to make a genuine attempt to learn a bit of their language. Methinks I will practice a bittidz every morning; so that when we return this coming December, I will be better equipped to have a conversation! LOL! When we were there last year, there were a few people that were appreciative of me helping them expand their tidbitz of English. Their English was much better than my Spanish! LOL! Spanish has such a beautiful sound; and the French and the tidbit of Latin, I learned in school, will be wonderfully helpful to me, because of certain word similarities; as in various root derivatives. Even Italian (I have an Italian cousin - well she married an Italian); and when I was in Rome in the summer of 1965 (seems so long ago! LOL!), I learned a few key Italian phrases.

Apart from being fun and enjoying interesting adventures, I think travelling is one of the best educational experiences, one could ever have! I am grateful for the opportunity I had back then; as well as going to Norway in the Fall of 1985, to visit my Norwegian cousins. I have travelled since (1996 to Paris France, and to London, England); but there is something extra 'special' about connecting with relatives. Am sure some of you, can relate!

There are so many things to be thankful for; our health, abundancy of food and water sources, where we live etc. However, I was also looking around our house; and my eye appreciatively fell upon some 'china roses' in our few collectible Fenton vases in our bedroom. For those of you, who collect antique Fenton vases etc, you know of what I write. We also have an old Navajo turquoise vase from Arizona; and the 'roses' filling that vase, are a stunning contrast! Eventhough the 'roses' are not real (love fresh cut roses, but then who doesn't?), they are exquisite, both in artistic design and realistic beauty.

We are still in the 'waiting' mode ourselves; as we too, have been affected by the banks' credit crunch & freeze; because of the times. You would think that those like us, would be given some latitude in our small business; as we help create business etc. Instead, the banks are 'waiting'; eventhough Canada has been deemed at present, to have the strongest banking system in the world. Stephen Harper and the Conservative policies have obviously worked! The Opposition parties have 'not mentioned', that the wealthiest individuals and corporate entities, are the ones that create the greatest amount of economic benefit to all! That being said, as entrepreneurs, we are Prayful that 'something has got to give'; and not to panic. We are going to enjoy this long weekend of 'Thanksgiving'; and we are that much more reflective and appreciative of ALL our Blessings. ie our own back yard.

A tidbit / 'barometer' bittid - The name of the wine, 'See You Later' (You can refer to yesterday's post, for background if you wish) was shared by a family friend; who appreciates a full bodied wine. He and his wife went to a Winery nearby, and bought a whole case of both the white and the red. I will still put in a 'plug' for South African Wine!- 'Oceans Two'. Have only delighted in the red wine at room temperature; however, I will try the white wine chilled, sometime as well.

A bittid 'turkey' tidbit - If you buy a frozen turkey, for best and gentler results, thaw it out in the fridge first. We are going to do that today, and then cook it up for tomorrow night; with all the trimmings! Mmmmmm. My son is coming over on Monday for 'leftovers' and to watch the hockey game; and my daughter and her family may pop in as well. Because she and her husband have two very active little boys (twins, age 2), and our place is only so big, they may literally just 'pop in' for a brief visit. Alan and I had originally thought of going to Pasley; however, with Alan's sore knee etc, we thought it best to remain in the warmth of our home; as in 'home sweet home'. We are very grateful this Thanksgiving, and we will enjoy being home all the more!

Tidbit - FEAR NOT. That is what He tells us! Since Alan and I 'live outside the box', that is what we believe in; as He, in His time frame, will Provide Solutions for each and every one of us. May as well 'enjoy the wait'; and do your best to have a CALM and also a sense of humour. Humour is a Godsend! It is in the struggle of 'how you wait'; better to be confident, and to have positive HOPES, regardless of all the 'fear mongering' around you. It is easy to get caught up and ensnared by the negative waves; but KNOW, that your FAITH, will help you endure the storm.

Bittid - Enjoy the moments of each and every day you are given. Keeping things simple, being thankful for all things great and small, helps you maintain a steady balance.

Am looking forward to watching the 'Hour of Power' (the Schullers), 'Enjoying Everyday Life' (Joyce Meyer), and 'Living Truth' (Charles Price) tomorrow; I know there will be some uplifting messages! (You can refer to my various blogs of Nov 11/07, Nov 18/07, Nov 25/07 and more recent posts, if you wish further info, as to who they are, if you do not know already). Also, some of you may know of the Neil Anderson Ministries? Am also going to continue reading 'Revelation Unveiled' by Tim LaHaye; because it is extremely relevant to what is happening around the world today.

May be back later today. However, once again, we have much to be thankful for! I love the above delicate and artistic photo image of a morning autumn mist; have enjoyed utilizing this peaceful picture in my various blogs (ie Nov 24/07 etc).

For those of you, who may be wondering if I have had a cup of coffee yet! LOL! As it happens, I have been enjoying my coffee whilst sharing my morning thoughts with you. Hopefully, they have been encouraging to you. Am about to go and spend a bittidz of time on my Spanish, before I begin a vacumming tidbitz. ie Masses of dog hair, that Blue sheds throughout our home. However, that being said, he is well worth it; because he is such a GOOD dog! Those of you who appreciate and love dogs, cats, and other household pets, you can agree, I am sure!

God Bless.

No comments: