Tuesday 7 October 2008

October 7th - My Dad's birthday


Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

The above photo image is of a 'Queen Elizabeth Rose'. For those of you, who like to garden, you may be familiar with this beautiful pink climbing rose! Perhaps you grow them and appreciate their beauty as well! We have two in our bittidz patio garden; one that I gave my Dad many years ago; and when we moved here 2 summers ago, we planted the second one alongside it. Should mention, that we transported our Q.E. Rose from our old home; and it is very 'happy' here. Both roses have 'merged' magnificently; and even as I type, we have a few tid new blooms on the bush; as well as having some Q.E. roses in an attractive vase on our dining room table. Plus, they have such a gorgeous fragrance! We also have a bright yellow climbing rose, which is thriving along the back fence; as well as colourful geraniums, in our pots and in our tidbitz balcony planter box.

Today would have been my Dad's 90th birthday, if he were still alive. He LOVED his roses; and he had a 'green thumb'. Gardening took his mind off many things. He was always 'calm' and 'slow to boil'; which are good qualities in a person, methinks. I did 'A Tribute to my Dad' in my post of April 30/07, if you wish to read for a bit of background; also a tid post on April 30/08. I have a cup of coffee in hand; and I am raising my mug and saying 'Absent Friends', and 'Happy Birthday Dad', and 'Thank both you and Mum for having adopted me'.

Interestingly enough, our government contacted me two weeks ago re: if I wished to locate my 'blood parents', as I am an 'adoptee'. Who knows if the 'blood mother' and 'blood father' (never married) are still alive etc? They would be about 78 / 79 yrs approx; inasmuch as I received prelim data about 'them' back in 1995; when I wished to know some medical / health data, as per my own children's medical / health history. Last week, I was sent the various 'forms' to fill out; and then a 'search' would be initiated, upon me completing and returning these 'forms'. I have put things 'on hold' for the time being; and if I were to follow through, who knows? My 'earth' parents, the ones that brought me up, through many trials and tribulations, (I am sure), ARE my parents, as I knew/ know them. However, maybe the natural parents have wondered about 'things?' I certainly do not want to cause any 'grief' or interfere with their lives; although perhaps 'they' might not feel that way; but then, they might. Hmmmmm. Anyway, we have our trials and tribulations happening as we speak, so I think for now, I will concentrate and focus on what lies before us; appreciating one day at a time.

Tidbit - Sometimes 'waiting' is the hardest thing to do! We are quite literally, 'waiting' for Him to Provide Solutions. He wants us to confidently enjoy each and every moment; and to be patient, while we 'wait' in total dependence upon Him. He does not want us to rely on our own understandings, as He has a good plan for each of us. We just need to have the courage to be 'patient' and calmly 'wait' for His Solutions.

Bittid - When faced with adversities, have FAITH, and leave it completely up to Him; as He He will Provide your needs. He has already WON the battle; if that is of further comfort and strength to you. In other words, 'Fear Not'.

Have to go for a bittid; may be back later today, if there is a welcoming tidbit or two to share.

God Bless.

No comments: