Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentine evening


Am back! It is now evening in our part of the world. However, still Valentine's Day!

Just came back from visiting Alan's Mum, at the apartment. The apartment looks very lovely; and very peaceful, in keeping with her dying requests. I have not seen her for the last tid few weeks. Last week, I went with Alan and his Dad to the hospital; but sat out in the waiting room; as I knew his Mum was not really up to taking on more visitors; save Alan.

You remember the word,'Dignity?'- well, I totally respect that wish. I had the opportunity tonight, to speak to her; eventhough her body was / is rapidly 'closing down'. I told her she was / is an awesome human being; and that I was glad to have met her; and I thanked her for all that she taught me. She immediately stirred and turned towards me! Apparently, she has not moved a tidbitz for quite a bittidz; so I have been told. Her breathing is becoming heavier by the moment; so her time is short. I also shared with her, that LOVE is what matters MOST...and that we ALL LOVE her. I wished her well in her next journey; which is even more awesome than Earth! HEAVEN!

Alan will be going later again there this evening - twice or thrice - to 'administer' the necessary medication needed for his Mum; eventhough, there is an overnight nurse, overnighting there. As mentioned in my earlier blog (yesterday, Feb 13th -Sibling Saga),the oldest sibling needlessly frightened the heck out of the night time caregiving group; so they now they feel very uncomfortable giving the prescribed medication. It has to be an 'RN', with 'RECOGNIZED CREDITS' in our part of the world (even if they have the 'credits' in their part of the world; crazy, isn't it? a bunch of "B.S." comes to my mind), that has to give this medication. And yet, it is okay for a bit family member, to do that task? Medical system at work!!!

Tidbit - Do your best to still have humility, understanding, and LOVE. A forgiving spirit, is very KEY. Ask Him to HELP you forgive; if you find it tough to do. Think MACRO!

Bittid - THINK MACRO!

Alan's sibling had a good visit with the Dad (I hope); and the sibling will be back tomorrow.

Am now going to call it a day. Good night & God Bless.

No comments: