Tuesday 12 February 2008

Always be 'ready'


Good Afternoon, or whatever is the applicable greeting to you, in your part of the world.

At the moment, there is not a lot of tid to blog about...Alan's Dad received a phone call later last night from the out of town sibling; and we presume the conversation went 'fine' and 'above board'. However, the Dad woke up this morning; quite distraught and 'disoriented'... Like he was asking me repeatedly, "Why Am I Here?" I replied: 'Good question; I ask that too of myself, many a time!" (particularly as of late! LOL!) I was simply attempting to add a bit of humour to the current situation. Hmmmmmm. Ha Ha.

Alan just took his Dad down this morning to see the Mum. She is losing ground quickly. The doctors and nurses have specified that short 'set' scheduled visiting times are better for her to see people; because of her weakened state. And it is also better, at this time, for the Dad to NOT stay there. I think you can have empathy for the outcome / trauma. It has been disregarded even again, last night - ie by 3 grandsons; who arrived in the evening. Alan went down to meet them; and he has not seen them for years. We can appreciate them wanting to see 'Grandma'; but they were quite 'snooty'; their attitude being, 'that we were told that we can come whenever we want to"....that sort of thing. Well, Alan's 2 other siblings have been a real piece of work; and the Mum is just too fatigued to argue with them. When Alan extended his hand out to the nearest nephew standing closest, the young man rudely ignored his greeting. Alan said, 'you know, I do not need or deserve this; and you do not know me; and I would like to get to know you; but whatever you have been told about me, is not true' - or words to that effect. He did let the nephews in to see their grandma, who was sleeping; so they just gazed at her. Alan gave each of them, a piece of paper with our telephone numbers, if they wished to contact him. So, who knows? When leaving the building, the oldest brother blurted out, 'that he would be more inclined to believe Alan, than his mum or aunt'. So, way to go, to that one!!! Perhaps, they have had their eyes opened. Too bad, more often than not, it takes the death of a loved one to illustrate that message.

Alan is still down at the apt...now the siblings have arrived unannounced and tried to 'flounce' in with groceries...the works....a bit late...The Mum can not swallow anything. They are disregarding both Alan and the health authoriites....namely, because it is Alan. He could charge them with 'tresspassing'; to which they replied, the property is your wife's. Well, in name yes, but it is ours. However, I could and am sorely tempted to do just that...charge them....however, they are going to be brought to task very shortly. They have exposed and convicted themselves, by their 'words, actions, and deeds'. I guess He has a Lesson here for us all; and very often, He shows people up for their behaviour, and at the exact right time. So, personally, I have Faith that He will do what He needs to do; as everything is in His Hands. The siblings are now sitting in the car, waiting for Alan to leave. Hmmmmm. not a good situation....'they' have really contributed to their's Mum's demise.

Tidbit - Make up a dish of food...you need the sustenance. I ended up whipping up a bunch of tuna fish sandwiches, with a mayo & sandwich sweet pickles mixture; and Alan's Dad and I enjoyed a bittidz of lunch. I made enough for 'an army'; could be dinner tonight too! Gave my father-in-law a beer to calm him down; and I took a visit to South Africa ( a glass of red wine!).

Bittid - Be 'ready' at all times. I may have said that a tidbitz before; but it is true. Other than that, "Praise Him in ALL Things". I love the above photo image!

Have to go for now.

God Bless.

No comments: