Sunday 24 February 2008

Reflective insights













Good Afternoon. or whatever the appropriate greeting is to you, in your part of the world.

This has been another beautiful day; and it is Sunday!

This morning, I enjoyed watching 3 ministerial programs; ie 'Hour of Power', with the Schulers; 'Enjoying Everyday Life', with Joyce Meyers; and 'Living Truth', with Charles Price. Alan brought me my cup(s) of coffee in bed; and not only did I watch the 'Vision' Channel on T.V, I had wonderful vision of our beautiful surrounding trees and snow capped mountains in the distance. The birds, such as robins, finches, chickadees, hummingbirds, and sparrows were doing amazing acrobats from branch to branch! I became a 'member' of the "Sparrows Club' today, from watching the 'Hour of Power'; and will be receiving a gift of wonderfully decorated Sparrows on a music box, that plays "Amazing Grace". Interestingly enough, (no bit coincidence, I feel!) that this is the hymn that Alan and I added from other already picked hymns, for his Mum's Memorial Service for tomorrow -'Amazing Grace'. We have a small tid mahogany table (was my parents; and, it has an extra special sentimental value to me) in front of our bedroom bay window; and this little music box will be located in the perfect spot!

'Faith is in the unseen', as Robert Schuler was saying...so true. We walk 'by Faith and not by Sight'. Also, a man by the name of Casey Treat, was a guest on the Hour of Power today. He has written an incredible book called, 'How to Feel your Best, when you feel your Worst'; and it tells of his triumphs over drugs etc. At age 19 yrs, he was faced with 2 choices: prison or rehabilitation. He chose rehab; and what a wonderful choice he made. Inspirational, I think! In the Bible, Paul the Apostle, suggests: "let's Glory in our Weakness". Robert Schuler was talking about LENT; as well as saying:'let's Eliminate Negative Thinking'. I thought that was an intriguing thought. For those that watched the program, "Rise Up" was a fantastic and uplifting song! I went through the motions as well; eventhough I was just watching from the T.V.

Next with Joyce: 'The Power of Life and Death is in the Power of the Tongue'. Words contain creative or destructive power; you have a choice with words. Also, if you want a positive life, do not continue to repeatedly talk / think in negatives. Also, from Romans 10, verse 9, as in the Power to be Saved...'Believe in your Heart and Confess with your Mouth'. All very true. For those who oppose you, Ask Him to Move 'their' hearts.

Then with Charles: "Love your enemies and Pray for those who Persecute you". I thought this was very appropro for the Memorial Service tommorrow. Charles basically said to have HIM handle everything. In other words, do not take the Law into your own hands, and do not act with vengeance. (even if tempted!). Leave that all to HIM.

LOVE and GENEROSITY IS; NOT an 'eye for an eye'; instead, 'Love thy neigbour (or enemy, for that matter) as thyself'. God is LOVE; and everthing FLOWS from LOVE. So, 'Rise above it, and act with Grace and Love' is what Charles is saying.

Tidbit - I think the above aptly gives wise counsel.

Bittid - Now, we just have to put this all into genuine practice, what we heard today. We will be Praying for Him to help all of us through tomorrow's Memorial Service.

The sibling and son are over at this bittidical moment. I choose not to be present. Call it a tidbitical discernment. However, I will Rely on His Guidance and for His WORDS of Wisdom; should He wish me to speak a few moments tomorrow.

God Bless

No comments: