Sunday 4 January 2009

Sunday Blessings

























Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Am happy to share that I have a few tid photos from last night, that turned out! ie the Santa Claus (from Costco - for those of you who wish to know), a close up of our 'pup' Blue, and two 'snow scenes' (You can refer to the recent posts for bittids of background, if you wish). As I 'experiment' with the camera, hopefully, my pictures will provide better tidbits to you! LOL! Particularly the 'snow scenes!

Eventhough, it has been a 'balmy' 36 degrees F today, and snow melting, MORE snow is now falling upon us; along with heavy winds! It is dusk; and am grateful we are home!

Watched the Vision Channel this am and was glad of it; as there is always something to learn! Have to admit that at first, I was not going to view the 'Hour of Power' (You can revisit my post of Dec 28th, for details); however, thought 'Who am I not to watch the program; AND, do NOT think negative thoughts and discard the show; because I will still appreciate the tidbit knowledge!" Both Schullers have much to offer; in their own unique special way, is my humble opinion.

Will write a bittidz re: 'Hour of Power'; and then tomorrow or Tuesday, will share with you, a tidbitz of the wonderful teachings from 'Enjoying Everyday Life' (Joyce Meyer) and 'Living Truth' (Charles Price). Do not wish today's post to be overpowering or 'overwhelm' any of you.

Dr. Robert Schuller Sr had a few guests on 'Hour of Power'. ie Rob Mitchell shared a bit of 'his story'; his eloquent experiences are narrated in his worth reading book,'Castaway'. However, he spoke about 'Forgiveness' and that God is 'REAL.' Also, a gentleman sang a story re: Jacob and Esau, about 'Finding Forgiveness and Healing a Heart'. Gretchen, daughter of Robert Sr, was asking for input re: 'Your Opinion Counts'; with regards to the future of the Crystal Cathedral. I look forward to receiving the pamphlet in our mail; and I will give them my thoughts. Also, a lovely woman by the name of Devon Guthrie sang the beautiful song, 'Climb Every Mountain'. That song breaks me up every time; so powerful!

Robert Sr has a 'sadness', perhaps a bittid of a 'broken spirit', about him; and I do not doubt it. It clearly shows on his face; and I could not help but feel a heart felt empathy towards him. I 'discerned' he bravely gave his thoughts he had wonderfully written down on his yellow scratch pad. Basically about 'Luck' and / or 'Blessings'. (When I was a little girl, I used to run around the house or wherever, and always say, "I'm a wucky wucky girl". -Could not pronounce the "L's"; was age 3 to 4 yrs, at the time). I prefer the word, 'BLESSINGS'; and I just 'applied' 'Blessings' to whenever he spoke of 'luck'. He did make reference to Romans 8: 28. I have to agree with him, that there are times when God does not give you what you have asked or Prayed for; because He always has your best interests at heart. Robert Sr also, was suggesting that one should make a 'List of all their Blessings'; and that you might be surprised that what you feel you want / need the most (ie #1 or 2 on the List), may not be what you really 'need' the most! The 'timing' may not be right; and it takes 'humility' to appreciate what it is in His Purpose for you, and what is best for you! Plus, he was sharing not to 'throw away your tomorrows; have Hope'. I thought his message was most insightful; and my Faith, Hope, Trust in Him, is uplifted all the more! Thank you Dr. Schuller! I would recommend you check into the website: www.hourofpower.org; and that will be of more clarity to you.

Interestingly enough, yesterday, I had thought of making a 'List of all our Blessings' (list would be infinite!); and particularly during these tough times we are all experiencing throughout the world. I even visualized skiing down a hill of moguls in 'spring skiing conditions'; wherein, the snow is 'corn snow', soft, and slushy. Thus it is much easier to carve your bit turns, and 'like an antelope', gracefully and elegantly address the downhill slopes. ie Overcoming obstacles etc. However, the MOST important NECESSITY is to SURRENDER to Him, so that He can Guide you through whatever challenges befall you.

This morning, while I was enjoying the three programs on the Vision Channel, we were smothered again in a 'fog'; and it was neat to see stacks of smoke arising from various chimneys. Perfect weather for fires. Alan went out to locate some more firelogs; and the nearby stores were OUT of them! No tid surprise, really! The Sunday morning vista looked very peaceful, restful, and tranquil: and I Thanked Him again for these and other little Blessings, He has given us. Dr. Schuller, in encouraging support of 'Where is God?', is illuminating His 'whereabouts'; be it in 'rainbows, in the smelling of the fresh rain on green leaves etc'. I love the fresh smell of the earth after a 'rainfall'.

Tidbit - FORGIVE FORGIVE FORGIVE. When you forgive, you feel as if you have been 'set free'. Plus, Pray to Him to 'Help you with Forgiveness', if you find it hard to digest. Have to start somewhere! Also, I hope that both Schullers (if they have not already) sort out their issues; and by asking Him to 'Touch each others' Hearts'. It WORKS! Am also in the 'Mode of Forgiveness'; not always easy to do; however, you do feel so much better, when you do; and 'things' just 'change' for the GOOD!

Bittid - For those of you, who enjoy red wine; here are the names of the 2 bottles of wine that our neighbours / friends generously brought over with them (You can refer to Jan 2nd post)the other evening. FRONTERA (Conchay Toro) - a Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot from Chile; and NAZARES (Corsecra 2006).

Have been cooking on low oven heat, a pre-cooked ham, (good til Feb) in a 'glaze'; and the delicious smell is intoxicating! Mmmmm! If the gently basted ham is tasty, I will share the 'improvised' recipe; as we did not have all the 'ingredients! LOL!

Hope you are appreciating an R 4 R Sunday; and may you enjoy the photos!

Good Night and God Bless you ALL! SKAL!

No comments: