Thursday 8 January 2009

Appreciation of R & R after a day well spent!


Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Whew! Just finished taking down all our Christmas decorations! Earlier this morning, a friend came over to help; and between the two of us, we were able to dismantle the 'whole 9 yards' (There is an excellent movie called 'The Whole Nine Yards'; and Bruce Willis is great in it! LOL!), and put everything away til Christmas 2009! She is the friend, whose husband passed away about a year and a half ago; and methinks she enjoyed our day; which just flew! Plus, I have suggested to her, that if she would like, she can come over next year and help me decorate; and naturally, we will enjoy a 'rum and eggnog', or a glass or two of white wine, a bit of lunch, some Christmas music, and a cheery fire! Methinks, that gave her a bittid of a lift and something 'fun' to look forward to! I also 'booked her' to help me put everything away again! LOL! I also used a wood polisher on our mahogany pieces; and wow, what a wonderful glowing shine; and it even smells good! Must say, am relieved now that the house is 'back to normal'. It looks so clean and fresh!

The day has been full of sunshine, crisp and clear! There is also a very strong wind gale; and it is refreshing as well! A neat time of day! Just saw a huge 'majestic seagull' (White dove?) circle over our skylight; the reflective rays of the sun, gave it an almost 'golden look'. A fantastic sight; I tid you not! Perhaps that was a tidbit of a Blessing! (You can refer to 'Post Christmas Reflections, on Dec 28th, if you wish a bittid of background).

Tidbit - Be thankful for a day well spent and also to enjoy the 'R & R' afterwards. I have not completely finished; however, I will happily attend to that bittidz tomorrow. Know when to 'give it a rest, and put it to bed' until the next day. Thus, you are able to enjoy and appreciate the upcoming evening all the more!

Bittid - Be grateful for good friends; and a 'two way street rappoire!' As Alan says, 'the gate swings both ways'. My friend is a Blessing to me; because I would still be wrapping everything up etc. I gave her a tidbitz bottle of 'Ice Wine'; and she was delighted! This particular 'Ice Wine' we made a number of years ago; and it has aged tremendously! Mmmmmm. Lethal; but VERY good! LOL!

Received a telephone call last night, from a friend that I have not seen for at least 10 years; and it was, as if no time had elasped between us. She will be coming over next week for a tidbitz visit. I said, a glass of wine if you would like! She immediately took me up on it; telling me that she has spent most of her time in France and Italy; and appreciating a different wine each day! I thought, 'lucky her!' So, I look forward to seeing her again; and getting caught up on her life. When we were 'chatting', I mentioned that we have a 'story' worthy of a movie (let alone a book) - she then tells me, that she IS a 'screen writer!' There are NO coincidences; plus, I had thought of her about a week ago, after ten years! Then the phone call!

Tonight, we are going to heartily enjoy the tasty 'leftovers' of last night's dinner for our repas! (You can read yesterday's post if you wish a tidbit of info). Steak sandwiches; and Alan makes the best sandwiches, methinks! Am thankful for his genuine love for cooking! I love to cook as well; however, have been wonderfully 'spoiled' by him; and of course, I certainly would not want to interfere with the chef's creativity! LOL!

Am joyful too, that we are experiencing longer days of 'daylight'. Spring will be here before we know it!

Love the above amusing photo image of the man 'wolfing down' his oysters, via oyster shooters! (You can refer to my posts approx in mid March /08 or onwards for some tidbits, if you wish a few bittids on the oyster plate(s) etc).

Here is wishing you a nice relaxed and peaceful evening. The sunset (in the featured picture) to the right, was taken in September / 08; our skies tonight remind me of that gorgeous picture, taken of Pasley skies.

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: