Thursday 8 November 2007

Morning Song!




Good Morning!

The Fall rains are here! Alan brought me a lovely large cup of coffee, while I was still in bed. Looking out at the pouring rain, I was not inspired to immediately jump out of bed! However, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Chickadees, flying here and there; appearing not to care about the miserable weather. Our tree is of a good size; and the branches were being well exercised! There were also some Zebra Finches. Perhaps our tid friends, are excited at the prospect of flying south? Although, I think they stay here for the cooler months. It is amazing, those bit birds can make such highly audible joyful bursts of song!

Brings to mind a story that I will tidbitz with you. Quite some years ago, when I was "in between marriages"; and living elsewhere, I "took in" a white Zebra Finch. It was in the tid garden by my front door; and because it was stunned and out of breath, I was able to pick it up and transfer it to an old cage I had for our past budgies. ("Henry" - a green coloured male; and "Henrietta" a blue coloured male, which I had thought was female; but they were good chirping buddies) The wonderful "woody woodpecker" sounds that came from that tid Finch, have been forevermore, imprinted delightfully in my heart! Beautiful musical songs! After a bit of time had elasped, say a couple of months, I thought perhaps "Zig" would like a companion. (I did not know she was a female). To make a long story short, the Pet Store supplied my children and I, a Zebra Finch (not of the white variety); and within a few days, there was an EGG! Hmmm. So, we ended up returning to the Pet Store to buy a "Kon Tiki" style hut for the happy couple. The male bird, we called "Zag". So, "Zig" and "Zag" were "busy"! We ended up with 12 eggs; hence 12 babies - which grew very quickly, I might add. You can imagine 14 Finches in song, singing their tid hearts out! Very lovely, but after a bit of a bittidz, we all voted that 'enough was enough!' LOL! So, back to the Pet Store, with 14 Finches; plus we donated the large cage, along with hut, swings, mirrors, food and water troughs.

Tidbit - Create win/win situations!

Bittid- Appreciate joyful morning songs of our 'fair feathered friends'; however, I am glad they are outdoors! Plus, they are free to fly and jump about, as high as they wish, on the branches, etc! Not confined in a cage!

Further tidbit /bittid info - The first photo image is of a Male Zebra Finch, the second image is of a Female Zebra Finch, and the third image is of a Chickadee.

God Bless.

No comments: