Thursday 15 February 2007

"MoMo", Candice, and Myself



My son, Arthur sent me this photo of myself, my Mum ("MoMo"), and my daugther, Candice. This was taken just a couple of years ago, at our Christmas/Anniversary Party. My Mum / Candice's Grandmother, wanted a party; so we had it at her house (where we moved into this past May). My Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary was also on December 10th; so it was an extra "special" time for our "MoMo!" We did our best to keep her spirits uplifted throughout her last remaining years; and "parties" "helped! LOL! "MoMo" loved people; and was known for her gracious hostess with the mostest!

Love this photo; and I feel it is very appropriate to post it today! Our "MoMo" was so courageous with her battle of cancer of the esophagus! She was diagnosed with it in the summer of 2001; and she passed away in the summer of 2005.

However, in this photo, is pictured the 3 generations. And, inasmuch as "MoMo" is wearing the same dress that she wore to our wedding; I am wearing it to Candice's and Jean-Marc's wedding that is happening on February 17 - just 2 days away!

I know my daughter, Candice, will be a beautiful bride; and she is marrying a very lovely guy. They are a good combination.

Tidbit! Combinations that work, are good! When you have something "special" like that, that is an awesome gift, always to be cherished!

Today, I am remembering our "MoMo"; and also reflecting on how now my daughter is "grown up" and with a whole wonderful life ahead of her.

Tidbit - Enjoy each other, your family, your friends; and appreciate each and every day! Time does have a tendency to slide away from us. Am discovering that now, at my "young" (at heart! LOL!) age!

1 comment:

said...

A very very nice photo of the 3 of you - I know you will be busy for the next few days - But I am also sure you will find time to do a little posting here or a little posting there