Saturday 3 February 2007

Enjoy the moment!

Not sure what to write about or where to start today! It seems as if the day has whisked by us AGAIN! errands, etc.

My Daughter is getting married on the 17th Feb. Today, I went to the tailor to get my Mum's dress fitted for that special day. My Mum wore the same dress to my second (and last!) wedding of 4 yrs ago; and she looked totally dynamite in that sparkling dress! I think - "something blue,something new, and something borrowed" is the expression? - so, I am thinking that I will enjoy wearing "our" dress, a few other "borrowed" pieces, and as for the new, well? - possibly new shoes (if I can not become more comfortable with the high heels I already have - which look perfect with "our" dress; but not comfy), new underwear? and "tummy tuck in" stockings! LOL!

Maybe a "tummy tuck in!" period, might be the best solution! LOL! LOL! LOL! My Mum unfortunately passed away in July / 05, from cancer. I miss her - a lot; and wish she was alive to be at the wedding; however, I do feel she will be there "in spirit!" to see her beloved Grand-Daughter walking down the aisle, with the man of her dreams! He and her are a wonderful combination! (My Mum and Dad were married on Dec 10th; as were my husband and I!When my husband proprosed to me, he suggested to me,why don't we pick the same date as your parents!!!) I always liked their / our date! LOL!

Also went looking for the wedding present. Not having much success, thus far! The first gift (which was an awesome idea; and on order for some time!) did not happen; because our friend got a new job; which has taken all of her spare time. Then, we picked something else out,however, that sold. hmmmmm. We know what we would like to give them... however, not easy to find. Do not want to give them money for a wedding gift either. So, we will continue the "hunt" for something special for them.

Glad to be home now. It is pouring with rain; so, we are happy not to have to be going out! The Canucks are playing tonight; so we will cheer them on!

Tidbit - hmmmmm. Enjoy the moment! You live only once....always, always, make the best of things! Turn disappointments (minor and major) and unexpected challenges into wonderful and positive results! And, "tomorrow, is another day!"; so the saying goes. Yet, we are thankful for today!

Am about to go and pour myself a glass of red vino;(in a LARGE glass; so as to breathe in the mellow fragrance in tidbit sips!) cook up some double loin lamb chops, as well as putting together a Greek salad; steaming some red nugget potatoes - in our freshly installed microwave!; and a fresh fruit salad!(marinated with a tidbit of liqueur) mmmmmm. yum!

Tidbit!(maybe for my ears! LOL!) Keep it good, but simple! Eventhough, I will add some seasonings here and there, to spice things up! LOL!

No comments: