Tuesday 13 February 2007

Rest is best!



I am listening to the body! Went to bed later this afternoon....felt good. My Dad used to say that "sleep was the best thing to help heal any injuries". Well, I followed that tidbit advice; and slept for a couple of hours! Most unusual for me to nap during the day or early evening.

My husband made me dinner....much like the "Tidbits & Snacks" photo; so I had my meal AND snacks in bed! LOL! It was a treat; as I really did not feel like moving around too much. I felt like a little kid, sick in bed! Took a couple of aspirins; and that seems to have eased the discomfort; however, that has made me somewhat sleepy. I am not one to take pills; but glad of it, in this case.

Tidbit - Listen to your body; and take time out for yourself. When your body is demanding a tidbit of rest, best to give in, before further stress hits and takes over.

Maybe the pulled muscles / torn tissues / whatever, is a guide to "slow down!" Of course, we are not getting any "younger" - only younger at heart! LOL!

However, to be "up and at it" tomorrow, I am looking forward to a good night's sleep. The body seems to be saying, "this is no jest, you need more rest, best to rest, to enjoy more zest!" Funny, I almost can hear my father's voice; as if in "Father Knows Best". LOVED that show (guess I am dating myself! LOL!) - was very much like the youngest daughter, "Kitty"; or, so I was told by many! LOL! (Her Dad's nickname for her, was "My Little Kitten"; my Dad called me his "Little Pussycat!")

Anyway, am going to blog out for tonight. Blog you tomorrow!

No comments: