Monday 12 February 2007

Another sunrise! Another day! Getting prepared for Mexico!



Well, a lot has happened already today and it is only early afternoon! Had various appointments; managed in between to have my photo taken for my new passport.

My passport is "where I last left it!" LOL! I have simply put it in such a safe place; and with the recent move, it is merely misplaced. So, when it is found, I will hand it over to the "authorities!" We are proceeding with applying for a new one; inasmuch as we are leaving the country in midish March. So, time is of the essence to have all the documentation completed. Fortunately, our previously scheduled airline tickets and booked resort reservations, will greatly facilitate and expedite this application process. ( helpful tidbit!)

Interestingly enough, a TIDBIT - when you have a passport photo taken now adays, you must have no glare whatsoever in the picture. ie no glasses, no lipstick, no shiny foreheads, no smiles - in order for the passport to be accepted and processed duly. The reason for this, is for immediate identification; and internal security data, throughout the world. Basically, this new infiltration extends even to what you just had to eat - every tidbitty bit of detail! No one is taking any chances, these days. My photo looks like a "MUG SHOT" special; but apparently, that is now what "they" want from all those who apply for new passports, renewal of passports etc.

That having been done, am now in the process of collecting all the "required relevant ID "tidbits" on me; so that I pass with flying colours! Tequila time! LOL!

Our very good friend is stopping by tonight, after work, to be my personal guarantor on the application for my new passport. Hence the photos and all the vital statistics, will be ready for his 'eagle eye' perusal to confirm "all is in order", before he signs his "John Henry". Then, I am off to the Government Agency / Passport Office, with documents in hand! Could have the makings for another blog venture! hmmmmmm.

Whew! After just going through all the various channels of applying for a passport, it is worth taking a vacation! LOL!

No comments: