Tuesday 1 January 2008

Gourmet Food!





















Hi,

Now home for the night; and glad of it! The drive was only about 35 mins; not too many cars out on the road. We enjoyed our visit (a bit of business involved as well); and the change of scene was most therapeutic! We also popped into our local Super Market, and picked up a tid of goodies to merge with our bit fridge Christmas leftovers....Whatever, we (Alan) 'put together', will be heartily enjoyed by us!

Also, picked up the January / 08 Gourmet Magazine (Special Collector's Edition); and the delicious recipes look wonderfully easy to 'whip up!' It is featuring 'Southern Cooking'; all the recipes 'rang my bell! LOVE Lemon Meringue Pie! As well, I really enjoy working with French Cuisine, Italian, and other Mediterranean foods. Mmmmmmmmm. If I had made a New Year's Resolution to minus a few bittid pounds, I would have immediately broken my tidbit promise; just even by thinking of all these amazing exotic foods! Alan is the 'chef' in our family; I have become quite 'spoiled!' by his enjoyment of cooking. Now he cooks for our survival! LOL! I love cooking; just have been out of the habit - primarily other priorities have taken over. However, I will prepare Gourmet Meals, with a simple tidbitz touch, on a more ongoing basis!

The above photo image is of tomato soup. I make a cold tomato bisque; and, if I say so myself, it is tres bon! Add a splash of green for color, and it is quite lovely!

Tidbit - Appreciate food and, also take delight in merging various cuisines together! Makes for a very interesting potpourri bittidz!

Bittid - Be thankful and appreciative for what you have! I know I have blogged this message before; but it is so true!

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: