Thursday 10 January 2008

Do not let opportunities slip by you!


Good Afternoon, or whatever is the appropriate greeting in your part of the world.

Today has been a really strange day. No real explanation; just that it is. Ever since I got up; and I have to admit, I am feeling a tid weary. Perhaps, you have experienced a bit day like this before?

It is a dull, dark, and dreary afternoon; with heavy heavy rainfall; which could turn into snow flakes any minute. In other parts of our city, snow has already fallen.

Was up a tid too early this am (I felt); however, enjoyed a friendly fire, my elixir of coffee, and read the small print newspaper. With what is taking place all over the world, it behooves us to be a bit more acutely aware of world events; other than just our own back yard affairs. Took our dear Blue out before it started to pour; and then the day began; phone calls, the works. We had a couple of scheduled appts; but they were postponed, until next week.

Alan presently, is helping his parents; so will blog a tidbit on that, when there is more of a bittid to report. Plus, we are working on our projects; of which we hope, will dove-tail by the end of this month.

Perhaps I am a bit sad because of an older wonderful friend who passed away over the Christmas Season. We were out of the country at the time; and I only found out about her passing, this morning, when I was reading about our other friend, whose memorial service, we attended a few tid days ago. The weird thing is, I had been thinking about her; and was thinking I would get her new telephone number, and call her in the New Year. Hmmmmm. That sadly, will never happen now; however, I have left a message for her daughter to give me a call, when she has a moment. She has some young children; and apparently, she and her husband do not live too far from my daughter. It would be nice if they were able to be in touch with each other. Also, my older friend (she was like a Mum to me) was a neighbour; and it was her daughter, who used to 'babysit' from time to time for us. I guess too, with the knowledge that Life is Precious (subject of yesterday's blog), it does have a rather somber and reflective affect.

Tidbit - Do not put off too long, in making the effort to visit a good friend or family member, that perhaps, you have not seen for awhile; because it may be too late. As in the case of my 'old' friend; the opportunity is now gone. As with the above 'borrowed' photo image of the beautiful red 'tulips'; they are out in full bloom and then no longer.

Bittid - Appreciate each and every day; with all of its ups and downs; and the 'so so in betweens'. Praise Him in All Things; and be thankful for what you have been Blessed with in your life.

God Bless.

No comments: