Sunday 8 February 2009

Be of good cheer!























Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

As per yesterday's post, Joan's Memorial Service was held at 2:00 pm. Eight out of the 50 graduates met for lunch prior; and albeit a sad reason for gathering together, it was a comfort to see them. Joan's service was awesome! It simply 'blew me away'. She LOVED Jesus and it was so apparent in her everyday life. How she treated people, etc. The Church she went to, was in a leased building; and yet, the moment I walked into the 'Church' (a large room), I felt an instant peace and a calm. This was an extra 'special' Church; as was Joan; and I can appreciate why she chose this 'off the beaten path' Church to go to, for so many years!

There was a Reception afterwards; and myself and a good classmate friend and I were amongst the last to leave. Should mention also, that I picked up my friend, on route to the lunch / Service; and that after the Reception, she came back for a glass of red wine and some appies (dinner). We enjoyed the visit, although, we 'barely scratched the surface!'

Psalm 23, (The Lord is my Shepherd...) was read; and methinks, it was comforting to all those who heard. The woman who read it, had dyed her short hair a lavender colour; as lavender was Joan's favourite colour! Apparently, she dyed her hair different colours each time she went and visited Joan! If you wish, you can refer back to my posts of January 31st and February 3rd. I forgot to mention that re: January 31st, I sought sanctuary in the Bible; before I sent (with His Guidance) the email of our thoughts and Prayers to Joan and her family. The Bible happened to open up to Psalm 23! There are NO coincidences; and that was one of the selected readings! She sought me out; and there is truth to the discernment: 'You will be known by whom you are'. I am looking forward to giving her a call this week, and inquiring further of her and their 'down to earth' Church!

This morning (seems so long ago) watched and listened to the Vision Channel; all empowering messages! 'Hour of Power' (Dr. Robert Schuller - wwww.hourofpower.org); 'Enjoying Everyday Life' (Joyce Meyer - www.joycemeyer.org); and 'Living Truth' (Charles Price - www.livingtruth.ca).

It looks as if it is going to be a full week; however, I will share some tidbitz re: their inspirational teachings when I can. In the meantime, if you would like, I encourage you to check into these 3 International Bible Teachers, for their illuminating insights.

The picture, is a retake of yesterday's attempted photos; and hopefully this is a bit clearer. Writing of 'Soaring Thoughts', I can add, that our friend, Joan, is definitely soaring in Peace in Heaven.

Tidbit - A smile and / or a random act of kindness does wonders to boost one's spirits! GIVING gentle encouragement, a warm smile, a genuine compliment, a simple 'thank you' means so much; particularly to those who are in need of a genuine uplift!

Bittid - 'Praise Him In ALL Things'. Also, regardless of your circumstances, remember to daily Thank Him for your Blessings. It helps you embrace a 'joyfulness', a calm confidence, as well as a steadfast FAITH in Him.

There are tid times, though, when one does not always feel their 'cheery' best, for one reason or another. If that is the case ever, just ASK Him to uplift you and carry your Burdens for you. He DOES! I just did that; and I now know I will enjoy a sound sleep tonight. Whatever is on yours / our plates 'tomorrow', just leave matters in His Hands, to Provide Solutions.

On that note, Good Night, Peace, and God Bless.

No comments: