Sunday 28 October 2007

Taking a stand for what is right!


Hi!

"Well" (can be a deep subject; as eluded to several posts ago! LOL!), we went with the flow! Alan picked up his parents and they came here for Alan's delectable homemade soup creation! AND, fresh fabulous multi grain sourdough bread from Costco. Amongst many other goodies, Costco has a wonderful tidbitz supply of bread!

Just returned from downstairs to devour the crust, along with a little bit of cheese. Costco also provides bittidz cheeses.....Mmmmmmm. Tastes so delicious and with a tid glass of red wine, magnifique! Skal!

The parents had a refreshing time; feeling the illuminating warmth of a friendly fire and relaxing in our cosy abode for the afternoon. Alan drove them to their 'prison', a short time ago. Alan's Dad broke down in tears; he is so glad that he and his son have re established their relationship. Not only that, Alan is the only one that is genuinely concerned for his parents' well being. Unfortunately, that is the truth.

We are 'sounding boards' for both Alan's Mum and Dad; as well as doing our best to restore their quality of life. We are dealing with a total mess; an all out war, in a nutshell. We have tried to do things "nicely"; however, we now have to play 'Hard ball;" to obtain the vital details. The 'Soft ball' has not been successful. This may set a legal precedent for other aged victims of the 'abuse', I blogged about earlier today. It is shameful, as to what goes on "behind closed doors". Old people being "shuffled" about, and at the mercy of "these" "predators". They will be exposed for what they have done.

We do live "outside the box" and travel " a road, less travelled". We do live "outside our comfort zone"; however, from that, comes an inner strength and resolve. Perhaps, it is character building? He says, "Fear not, for I am with you". We live in that belief daily! Perhaps some of you, know what I am posting about; and have been there / are there.

Tidbit - "Nothing ventured, nothing gained". Do NOT want to NOT try; even if we are faced with challenges, ridicule, or failure. Gotta try; and most importantly, for the right reasons.

Bittid - Gets easier to do, when you do live "outside the box".

We do not think it is "normal" to live "inside the box", as it is too "safe" or too "comfortable". It is easy to become "complacent", when you "dare not"; and do nothing to make a positive difference in the world.

There are people who do not like my Alan; and may never "approve" of him. However, I have found the "love of my life"; and I have learned so many things from him. Actually, Alan and I are "An Answer to Prayer", as to how we met! I have always had my own mind; however, over the years and experiences, sometimes, the 'stuffing' has a tendency to get knocked out of you a wee bit.

I grew up in an era, where "children should be seen, but not heard". Am sure some of you can relate to that tid type of upbringing. Am not knocking my parents; who unfortunately are both dead. However, I think of them everyday; and with loving and kind memories. They did their best; even if I did not always agree or think so. Alan, helped me, become "me"' and perhaps too, there are many who are 'puzzled' by a "change". Well, "change" is to be embraced and since I have found Him, things are that much more enlightening in our lives. THAT IS THE KEY; LET HIM IN; THEN THERE ARE CHANGES. It just happens that way! Some of you, may be too young to understand this; so perhaps down the road, you will grasp this and also embrace "change"; and appreciate of what I blog.

I think I have tidbitzed enough bittidz today. Am going to go and enjoy another bit slice of that outstanding bread and some cheese! And perhaps, a second glass of vino! Skal! As a tid, I love the above photo image of the Statue of Liberty! Exhileration! Freedom! We are all so blessed! Praise Him in All Things!

"Well", turned out to be quite the "well" at the depth or heart of things. I welcome your comments, if you would like to share your thoughts and or experiences.

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: