Saturday 30 April 2011

Joyful beauty in Blessings!


Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Blessings abound! This morning, we received a spontaneous invitation from my son to meet him for breakfast. It was a really nice get together tidbitz.

We then continued on with some bit errands; and ended up going back to the little local Produce store to pick up some veggies and fruit. Our Greek friend, Dimitri (he is a 'busker'; not a street person) was at his normal spot outside the nearby liquor store; as well as the person (Rick) we met the other day, who was cheerfully collecting more bottles and cans. For a tid of background, you may wish to refer to my April 27th post 'Thankful for Blessings!' Rick is the young fellow's name. Well Alan was going to give Dimitri a bittid of coin; however, Dimitri suggested that the coin (a loonie) should go to Rick; as he needs it more. Alan followed his suggestion and also emptied all the change he had. Rick was ecstatic!

Meanwhile, Blue and I were waiting in the car; so I did not see this occuring. When Alan said he gave Rick all we had, that was fine; I felt glad; like literally Alan gave Rick all the change we had! Then the consignment store called to let us know that a few more tidbit items had sold. Well, we were delighted, and in unison shouted jubilantly: 'Thank You, Father!' With that replenishment of 'empty' funds, we were able to take care of a couple of bills, as well as getting some needed supplies and a lotto ticket.

Tidbit - Christ sustains us; one day at a time. Today's experience of 'Provision', was yet another example that He takes care of us, as per His Promise.

As mentioned in earlier posts, we are dealing with the 'unknown' - in the sense, we do not know what is going to happen or where we may go, if we were to move. Most likely, we will be moving and in a short while. We will be exploring the options further this coming week.

My Dad died on April 30, 1998. He used to say, 'Two things you can be certain of; Death and Taxes.' Interesting that he passed away on the date, when taxes are generally due. Eventhough he has been dead all these years, I miss him; however, I feel he is in Heaven. He loved tending to his beautiful roses; and used to retreat to the garden for refuge and recharging of batteries. I can appreciate the wisdom and calm, that comes to being in the garden. One's spirits are replenished and, one receives a renewed peace.

Bittid - Family matters. Do your best to spend time with them, before you or they are no longer here. Too often, it is only when one has 'gone', that it is 'too little too late.'

We have two grandsons (not identical twins, thank goodness!), whom we love dearly; and we look forward to spending some time with them. The last time we saw them was when we babysat them a few months ago. About a month or so ago, my daughter suggested that 'don't worry about us.' ie. When Alan and I look for a place to live. I replied that 'we would not worry, however, we would like to have an extra room for the boys, should they stay over.' My daughter quickly added that 'that is what I mean, do not worry about us - ie. the boys.'

Methinks there are two ways of looking at this bittidz comment. Could be simply meaning for us to look after ourselves first. (fair enough). The other possibility, could be implying another kind of message. (which I hope is not the case). Alan and I have a lot on our plates; so currently, we have no choice but to address whatever is unfolding before us. We are truly right down to 'empty'; and Christ certainly has our attention! ie. To rely upon Him totally. So Alan and I are doing just that!

As I mentioned to our 'baker friend,' there is no one else to rely on, EXCEPT for Him. She agreed. She has empathy because she and her husband went through their 'trials and tribulations' several years ago. I also added 'Maybe, good things will be happening now!'

However, I am Prayful, that everything will fall into place. Alan and I are going to continue on with Hope, Faith, Belief, and Trust in Him, and that 'Our Father Knows Best.' That is about as simple as it gets.

As I also said in my most recent post of April 29th, 'Blessings in Bloom', it was wonderfully refreshing to hear the words of excitement from this young person! She started the conversation; and it was as if her face was radiant with 'light.' She added that she hopes that she will see me again; as she really enjoyed our chat! She was very receptive to the spiritual message given in the beautiful Royal Wedding ceremony at the majestic Westminster Abbey. I guess too, when one is ready to hear the message, they are ready. Like in the 'Sermon on the Mount,' the question was asked, 'Why do some people not understand?' 'It is not yet their time' was the response.

Alan and I are not 'old'; actually, we have been told we look some 10 or 15 years younger! LOL! I think one is either 'young at heart' or 'old' before their time. We know several people who are much younger than us; and sadly, they look quite a bit older. Then there are some, who are older than us, and they look much younger then their age. So go figure! Methinks, attitude, gratitude, and having a genuinely joyful heart (including dealing optimistically with adversities), gives one an extra boost to looking 'young or younger.' Plus, we are accepting our age gracefully and thankfully - better than the alternative!

It is a gorgeous sunny evening. Am about to go and enjoy a glass of red wine out on our upstairs balcony. We have much to be thankful for. Also tomorrow, we look forward to watching the various programs on the Vision Channel.

Also, will be lifting our glasses and saying ' a 'Skal to Absent Friends' - ie. to my Dad. 'Love you Dad.' Also, I know that he and Alan would have gotten along well; were / are of the 'same ilk'. My Mum adored Alan; and she said much the same thing. In fact, in my 'Answer to Prayer,' I asked also for my Dad's input. I have written a few posts on 'Answer to Prayer' as well as tributes to my Dad re: April 30th, if you wish to refer to those dates etc.

My Dad loved Queen Elizabeth pink climbing roses. Here is a photo image of the beauty of this exquisite flower.

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: