Wednesday 27 April 2011

Thankful for Blessings!



Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

To recap. We enjoyed the best Easter; and Christ's Resurrection was all the more meaningful and special to us. Easter Sunday and Easter Monday were tranquil and restful. We have also really enjoyed the movies about the Bible and Christ; as 'He IS the Way, the Truth, and the Life.' I am reading the Bible - starting with Matthew and the words are so alive! It is incredible and gives me strength. 'He IS our Strength and Refuge!'

However, Sunday night did have a bit of a letdown. In short, I am glad that Mike Gillis courageously addressed the officiating penalty / power play calls in the last few games between the Canucks and the Blackhawks. May reasonable calls prevail in all hockey arenas. Having played a few sports myself, no question, it is great to win. However, be it hockey or whatever sport, how do you truly want to win or lose? I think honour, integrity, and fair play are musts.

Our tidbitz turkey leftovers have been wonderfully sustaining and rewarding! Alan made up his bountiful batch of turkey soup and we gave some of it to our thoughtful neighbours, as well as to 'Dimitri', our Greek friend, who is a 'street person.' We also met a young man, who cheerfully was going about his way, collecting cans and bottles. I immediately noticed his cheerful and good natured disposition; and he was all the more grateful, when we gave him our 'stash' of saved up bottles and tins.

His face and eyes literally lit up (like it appeared that he had a light about him) and he kept saying 'Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!' I could not help but feel that he had the Holy Spirit strongly within him; and it was as if he knew us. He kept gazing at me; but it was through the soul.

Reminds me of the time when I had the experience with another 'street person.' He suddenly 'appeared' to us; carrying a large urnlike vase / pot (looked quite Biblical) on his shoulders. He looked as if he had 'flown in from somewhere' from another world? (if you catch my tid drift). He stopped beside Alan and I; and he looked deeply into my blue eyes. His searching brown beautiful eyes were amazing; as if there were clear pools of waters running through them. I felt an immediate peace; and was not fearful, whatsoever. I softly asked him if what he was carrying was heavy. He replied gently (the most awesome voice I had ever heard - like 'rushing waters') that 'No, not really.' And with that, he smiled a kind smile and sauntered on his way; only to 'disappear' as quickly as he had 'appeared.' I have never forgotten that unique bittidz moment, almost as if a Heavenly experience.

Going back to our older friend, Dimitri, he was gleefully observing all of the interactions between the young chap and us. (including other passer byers). All our friend could say was, 'This is good, this is good', and was giving the high sign. So 'to truly give' methinks, is far greater than to receive. However, to receive a spontaneous 'generosity of spirit,' is also wonderful. If someone genuinely gives one a warm smile, or an encouraging word, or does a random act of kindness, then that is a plus Blessing as well!

Last night, the hockey game was on - the seventh game between the Canucks and the Hawks. I could not bear to watch the game; and I ended up going outside and / or retreating to downstairs. In the third period and overtime, I literally plugged my ears; so I would not hear the T.V. hockey game from upstairs. Good on Alex Burrows - what a night he had and the perserverance of the whole team paid off.

When I was outside, I took photos of the double rainbows; as you can see in the pictures. Yes, double rainbows! What a treat! I love rainbows and it uplifted my spirits hugely! For several minutes, I thanked Him outloud (outside!) for this majestic rare sight! Again, He is our Saviour! Also, I Prayed for the Canucks and thought this would, indeed, be all the more a 'double' Blessing, should they endure victoriously.

Tidbit - He watches ALL that goes on. NOTHING can be hidden from Him.

We have had some inequities thrown our way; however, we are encouraged knowing He HATES Inequities and SEES ALL. Alan and I totally place our Trust and Faith in Him; knowing He will Provide Solution / Resolution as per His Will.

Bittid - When you 'surrernder' to His Will, your life is a lot simpler.

We are finding that 'less is best.' We have been unloading our possessions to survive, and it is a matter of 'waiting upon the Lord' because we have done all that we can. Again, a good friend of ours says: 'If He brings you to it, He will lead you through it.' So, that is an inspiring uplift!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: