Wednesday 6 April 2011

'Hope Springs Eternal'


Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Well, 'Spring Break' (including this past weekend) has come and gone. Eventhough we did not have any showings over the weekend, we made some more progress in downsizing some of our 'possessions.' The expression: 'Less is More' is so true.

Our friend was over on Sunday afternoon and it was a win / win for both him and for us. This will help us pay some of our bills. Another friend was over on Monday and he has expressed interest in s few items. Most likely we will be moving and even if it worked out, that we stayed here, well, extra space has been generated; hence less clutter! (which is a great feeling, believe it or not!) Plus, we have a more grounded appreciation for the basic 'in the family' pieces that are left; as they provide both a function as well as sentimental memories. You can not put a price tag on this 'type of stuff.' Also, a tidbitz, if He wishes us to reside here, while we are still on earth, okay; if not, then He has a better Plan in mind. So, we are moving forward with that.

We had a showing yesterday; and it looks as if there is going to be a 'bidding war' amongst several; which will be more helpful than not. Will also add that yesterday, everything hit me - ie. I was totally despondent, despairing, discouraged, dismayed, disheartened. Primarily at the deceit, deception, inequities (which He Hates! that gives me comfort!), and avarice and arrogant greed going on around us. Plus, we would like some indication as to what He would have us do; because we are 'in the middle' (again!). You can refer to my posts of November 23rd and 25th, if you wish a bit of background.

However, we have to keep ono going; with a continually steadfast Faith and Trust in Him that He will Provide the Solution. We know He has a purpose and a plan; we keep saying that - outloud. We can not see this nor understand the turned up 'trials and tribulations' at this time; yet we will perservere and KNOW that we will be sustained by Him, and wherever He places us.

In a recent post, I may have mentioned that I heard the 'whisper' 'Don't Worry.' Nothing more, nothing less. Okay, now to stick to that tidbit message and Rely upon Him to Prevail, as per His Will, His Purpose, His Plan. My recent posts touch a bittidz on what I have just said; if you wish further clarity.

Yesterday, I watched online Joyce Meyer of 'Enjoying Everyday Life' and everything that she shares, is pretty much what Alan and I have been / are experiencing and it further validates the challenging journey we are on, in our daily walk in Christ. Regardless, we are thankful for all our daily Blessings! Thank you Joyce! You say it how it is and right on!

Last night, I had a much needed restful sleep. Every morning and night I say the Lord's Prayer, as well as asking Him to 'arm and equip us with the full Armor of God, and to protect and shield us from our foes / enemies. And I also add OUTLOUD to 'thwart' our foes! There is something 'strong and mighty' in shouting out that word, 'thwart', because 'He has already WON!' And sometimes, when things are tough, it can be difficult to say Prayers; however, keep at it, regardless; remembering to "Praise Him in ALL Thiongs."

This morning while I was saying my Prayers, I heard the wonderful non stop chirping of a bird outside our bedroom window. Eveything had been silent up to that point; and when I looked out our bay window, here was this dear tiny tid of a bird, melodiously singing his heart out. Plus, a breeze had just come up and gently moving the branches of this tree alone. I thought WOW!!!! I believe it was His Way of giving reassurance. And, immediately, I was infilled with a soothing calm, a joy, and a peace; and the thoughts, 'Don't worry. Rely on Me', keeps pulsing through me.

A dear friend of ours yesterday said something very poignant and uplifting to my weary and sad spirits. ie. "Anyways my dear...hold yourself high and as strong as you can...don't give in...be optimistic as you can...If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it... an old saying said to me many times...I always remember it... He might make you suffer along the way, but you'll be better off and stronger in the end....trust me!!!!" A big heartfelt thank you to her! I like the bittid - 'if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.'

Today is a new day and there is much afoot. I am constantly reminding myself, 'Be still, and know that I am God.' - Psalms 46:10. Also, the passage from Isaiah 58:11 refreshes my soul.

Isaiah 58:11 (New American Standard Bible)

11"And the (A)LORD will continually guide you,
And (B)satisfy your desire in scorched places,
And (C)give strength to your bones;
And you will be like a (D)watered garden,
And like a (E)spring of water whose waters do not fail.


The photo is of the beautiful yellow forsythia in our patio garden. Another one of His many wonderful creations and Blessings!

Hope those of you who are experiencing strife / stress etc, feel a bit more encouraged and renewed after you have read a tid of our daily trek / tale. Also, 'Seek and Ye Shall Find'; even if there appears to be no answers immediately forthcoming - as in delays etc. Know that He has a Plan for you and that you are 'special' to Him; that He LOVES you unconditionally, warts and all. 'Our Father knows what is best for each and every one us'; and know that He replenishes you (like a watered garden, a spring of water etc), by your genuine Faith and total Trust in Him.

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: