Sunday 2 August 2009

Peaceful moments


























Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

The last couple of summery days have just 'whirled by' us! We are appreciative of this long weekend; and we are enjoying our vacation at home ('stayvacation' apparently, is the new terminology, to describe spending 'vacations at home'). We like that word, 'stayvacation'; and we are all the more thankful for our Blessings, which we have in abundance!

A lovely friend of mine (and she knows who she is!) sent me the following beautiful message and poem. This is vividly true!

"If you look at what you do not have in life,
you don't have anything,
If you look at what you have in life, you have
everything".


"The Poem
I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.....
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time, the time to die
I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God! held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
'Your name I cannot find
I once was going! to write it down....
But never found the time'"

We watched / embraced the Vision Channel this morning; and all three televised programs were / are just awesome! Many bittids of epifanies for me; some tidbits, which I will share with you, within the next few days! ie. 'Hour of Power' (Dr. Schuller - www.hourofpower.org); 'Enjoying Everyday Life' (Joyce Meyer - www.joycemeyer.org); and 'The Living Truth' (Charles Price - www.livingtruth.ca).

My most recent post of July 30th, 'Refreshing reflections', I touched a bittidz upon 'finances' and hopefully provided a tidbitz of encouragement to those who are experiencing rough moments and then some. Today Joyce Meyer shared her enlightening insights and wisdom on the subject of 'finances'. I recommend you dive into her website. As Joyce says, that 'If we are faithful with what we have, He will give us more'.

Also, am 'on fire' about a future trip to the Holy Land!!! A special and wondrous trip of a lifetime, methinks! We have a tid few matters to resolve first; however, we anticipate that everything will work out, before too long! That being said, we are leaving it all up to Him to Provide Solutions, all in Accordance with His Will and for His Purpose.

I took four pictures; two of which are of our colourful back patio / garden; and the other two, from our den / T.V. & family room, looking out onto the front area. The pictures of the front, also include the statue of our black and yellow jockey, that is holding a basket of bright flourishing begonias. As I was watching the Vision Channel and enjoying my morning cup of coffee, the begonias appeared to have an even more 'yellow glow' than usual; and I Thanked Him for that particular bit delight! There is much to be thankful for!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: