Saturday 15 March 2008

A time to reflect











Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world.

Here it is, Saturday morning! Glad of it! The weekend! It has been quite a week; so we are very thankful that this week has passed.

A lot has happened and a lot has been done. So today and tomorrow, Sunday, we can take a bit of a breather. Eventhough we do have some tidbit things to do in the next bittid short while; we are going to appreciate the day as it unfolds. It is also Alan's birthday tomorrow; and I have planned a wee bit of a nice surprise for him.

Our friend passed away yesterday early am. I am one that gets 'delayed reactions'; if any of you can relate to that scenario. It always takes me a day or a tid few to have the reality sink in about the finality in the passing of a close friend. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, he was too young to die; however, the good thing is, he is now at Peace. No more suffering, no more discomfort, no more pain. As strange as it may sound, I look forward to his Memorial Service; and if any of us are encouraged to speak, I will; as I feel, I have a very funny story to share. I will remember him best as the 'Almond Roca Man'. That is an inside private joke that he and I had for years. We always played 'pranks', silly mischevious jokes on one another! You know the movie, 'Grumpy Old Men' - well, we were a tid like that - in a fun way, though.

He is much missed; he was refreshingly intelligent, had an excellent sense of humour, and a very quick wit. We lost touch with him for a bittidz; however, I have good memories of his friendship to sustain. I made a tidbitz mention of him in my post of Feb 10th. Terminal cancer finally overcame him.

Tidbit - Communication is so vital; because once someone has passed away, that's it. A closed door, if you will. So, if there are people close to you, work on building a better rappoire and friendship before they are here no more.

Bittid - 'When one door closes, another door opens'. That may have happened, as in yesterday, when myself and another friend of our departed friend, made email contact; and that was a comfort, I think to us both.

Have to go for now; may be back later. Today, is the Ides of March (see photo image). If you wish, you can refer to my post of March 15/07. Am also about to listen to Allison's wonderful voice! Such an uplift!

God Bless.

No comments: