Friday 14 March 2008

Happy Friday


Good Afternoon!

It has been a full day, thus far! And, am really glad it is Friday (again!). Listened once again, to Allison's awesome voice (see March 10th post, if you wish).

We were out early this morning, with various appointments. I also got my hair cut by quite a tid; and with all due respect, it looks wonderful! Nothing like a 'new hair style or cut, to give you a lift!' or a bit of a 'spring in your step!'

Am home; and quite happy to be settling in for the weekend. At the tidbitz moment, it is pouring with rain; so am appreciative of being indoors! Will be lighting a fire in the next bittidz!

A close friend of mine, has just passed away in the wee hours of this morning at the Palliative Care Unit in the Hospital. He was too young to die; however, he had an inoperable tumour and he fought a good, hard, and brave fight. He kept up his 'off the wall' sense of Humour to the end. A wonderful friend took on the tough role of being the 'conduit' of keeping us all in the loop; thus, my hat goes off to her for her courage. Our dying friend did not want to see too many people; because he had gone downhill so much. Understandably so; because he wanted us to remember him, when he was well. So, I did not see him either; however, as a solace, I do remember him in his better days; and that is how I will always remember him. A Norwegian custom my Dad taught me, is the wonderful toast, "To Absent Friends". I hereby, in honour of my friend, say 'Skal', may you rest in Peace; and To Absent Friends'.

Interestingly enough also, there are family issues going on there with siblings. That is all I will say with regards to his / their situation. And yet, if there is anything that Alan and I can do, we will.

With the ongoing 'sibling saga', we are going to fight it; and He is on our side. That is of great comfort to us. Also, a 'precedent' will be set. Will keep you posted when I have more bittidical bits to share.

Also, received the lovely gift of a small music box, as a 'thank you', from the 'Hour of Power" today. I had referred to that in earlier posts; and that by donation, we have become members of the "Sparrows Club". The tid music box with Sparrows, is made of exquisite porcelain and when wound up, plays the Hymn, 'Amazing Grace'. That was a bit of an uplift for us. No coincidences here, as to the timing; it arrived at the best time!

Tidbit - Always look to find some joy; even in the tidbitical tids of things. ie in the various birds flying about, such as sparrows, finches, robins etc. Or the nature and vibrant blooms of Spring.

Bittid - Appreciate giving kindness and encouragement to others. It is always better to give, than to receive.

Here is wishing you a nice R & R weekend. God Bless.

No comments: