Saturday 29 March 2008

Love and Compassion























Good Evening, or whatever is the applicable greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Am feeling a bit 'out of sorts' today. I guess with 'John's' death and his Memorial Service yesterday, things have caught up with me, a tid. I am one that has 'delayed reactions'; have been like that all my life.

Am reflecting upon our friend's life; and how both the Church Service and the gracious reception back at the family home, truly celebrated the life of a very gifted man. I called 'John's' mother today; and she apologized for admitting that she had a 'good time' at the Reception; and that perhaps she should not have; inasmuch as it was the funeral of her oldest and very dear son. I shared with her that it was wonderful, that she delighted in yesterday; I did too, for that matter. Plus, as I mentioned in the bittid blog yesterday, 'John' was hosting there 'In Spirit'. The Mum and a few of us, will be getting together in the near future, for lunch; and perhaps it will be the start of a genuine and fun friendship for us. 'When one door closes, another door opens'.

We feel for 'John's' Mum, because it appears that she is going through a similar sibling scenario, as is Alan. However, I know deep in my heart, we are doing the right thing; and that is honouring the wishes of Alan's Mum. I will embark upon the 'sibling saga' when there is more 'light shed' on tidbit matters.

Also, my son-in-law's parents were in a 'freak' accident today. The Dad was driving, with the Mum following him, in her car. They were taking her car in for service / maintenance at the local garage. Well, a truck 'out of nowhere' came flying through a red light at the intersection, at 120 kms / hr!!! Hits the Dad's car, the Dad spins around and around in circles, then hits the mother's car, and then the mother is also going around in circles, and also 'connecting' with the truck. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt. If there had been a passenger in the Dad's car...the news would not have been good. The Mum went in for X rays; apparently the force of the collision, caused the seat belt, to put additional pressure on the Mum's ribcage. Thank goodness, she was wearing her seat belt! Generally, seat belts (when worn, that is), save more lives than not. The 3 vehicles were totalled! The Dad will have his car replaced; and the Mum's car, I guess as well. The Mum's car needed some repair / maintenance work done on it; so perhaps this 'was a Blessing in Disguise". (for her car).

Another 'weird' thing is, that at 'John's' Service, in the Church, the song 'The Circle Goes Round and Round', was 'John's' favourite song; and 5 men (the 2 brothers, a nephew, & 2 close family friends) sang the song. It was all very touching. But it just hit me about the cars in circles, going around and around'. There are NO coincidences!

Tidbit - Life is too short; it can be over; like the above near example; or just like the 'snuff of a candle'. Make the most of your life; and enjoy your family and treasure your friends.

Bittid - "LOVE one another, as I have LOVED you" ; spoken by Him. At 'John's Service yesterday, the Minister passed on 'John's' message; and that was to 'take solace in our friendships with one another. AND, that those of us who were 'John's' friends, should become even better friends with each other, throughout the years'. In short, 'cherish one another; and be kind to one another'. I think this is a BIG Tidbit/Bittid. Also, another good sized Bittid/Tidbit, is that Funerals / Memorial Services are for the 'living' as well.

In closing, am feeling a bit 'sad' and 'numb' today about our friend; and yet, I know he does not want us to mourn too tid long for him. So, I take deep comfort in those reassuring thoughts; and I now raise my glass of red wine (South African)to him! 'Skal 'John'; and God Bless you, and I know you are at Peace. We, as your friends, WILL put into practice your wise suggestions, to LOVE, support, and encourage each another for the rest of our days'. Life is very fragile; and I hope this enlightens all those who read this blog. I LOVE the above photo image.

Good Night, and God Bless you all.

No comments: