Friday 28 March 2008

Glad to be home!


Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world.
We have not been home all that long; and as you may know, there 'is no place like home!' We are happy to be back in own tid abode! Am thankful too, that it is Friday evening; I think I blogged about that, just a short bit ago! Where oh where, does the week or time go!

We went to 'John's' Memorial Service; it was very touching. The Minister was excellent; and I believe 'John' was wonderfully 'sent off'. We know he is in Heaven; and is finally at peace. The closing Hymn was 'Onward Christian Soldiers'; totally totally LOVE that courageous and feisty Hymn!

We went back to the family home for delicious sandwiches, appies, cookies, and beverages etc. Because it was in a house, which was crowded with people, there was not much of a chance to speak on behalf of a friend of mine (she is away; and will be doing a 'dance' and song in Belize, on top of one of the pyramids...very fitting, I think!); as well as me telling the 'Almond Roca Bar Story'. However, I did take some 'fresh' Almond Roca Bars along with me; and gave them to the few people that I thought would enjoy and appreciate them! I have decided to 'bronze' the original Almond Roca Bar; thinking that would be the tidbit best thing to do! Changed my mind about taking a bittid bite out of it today! LOL!

Tidbit - Life is so short. Make an effort to be an encouragement and an uplift to others. ie 'John's' Mum is concerned about moving out of their family home of 60 yrs; well, my heart went out to her. I said, that myself and another friend would meet with her for lunch; she was grateful for that invitation. There is a 'sibling clash' and unfortunately, 'John' is no longer here to protect her from his siblings; who have their own agenda. Very sad.

Bittid - I suggested to the Mum; 'Please do not worry; just take your time. You do not need to make any decisions right now'. She took comfort in those words. However, there is a tendency, isn't there, when there is a death or tragedy, that snap decisions must be made? The best thing, is NOT to make any decisions whatsoever; and just let 'time' and HIM work things through.

LOVE the above photo image; I enjoyed 'borrowing' it in my post of July 6th; ie "A Quiet Evening'. I just reread it; and it sums up a nice cosy Friday evening! Plus, that particular blog shares about our tidbitz garden in our bittidz patio! Won't be long, til we can enjoy our garden AND, home grown produce once again, when the season is kinder. Although it did snow earlier today, it warmed up for a bit; and the falling rain has now melted all the tid snow! However, that is not to say, that we might still receive cold temperatures tonight. Glad we do not have any pressing plans first thing in the am tomorrow! Am sure, some of you can relate!

Well, am going to go and enjoy a good movie or two; and just 'chill out'; as it has been a long day. Time to 'veg' and 'recharge the batteries!'

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: