Monday 16 March 2009

Knowing when to simply 'rest'























Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

This morning, it is almost 'black' outside. Dark dark clouds; quite weird; with a bit of a 'brightness' in the sky at the same time. However, it is cosy being indoors, appreciating our home and our freshly bathed dog. LOL! You can refer to yesterday's post of 'Appreciating R & R' if you wish a tid of background. Eventhough, we have no appointments for today, we will be making a number of telephone calls to 'set' things up in tidbit motion.

Today is Alan's birthday; he is a handsome man for his age, if I say so myself! LOL! We are going to my daughter's tonight for a 'Birthday dinner'; and it will be fun to see her, her hubby, our grand twins, and their 'pup Pedro'. Pedro is a 3.5 year old Pug / British Bulldog; and a real 'character!' He is built like a tidbitz 'tank', and you can see the strong and fearless Bulldog 'take charge' in him. He is dearly lovable, and the name 'Winston', methinks, would wonderfully suit him!

As mentioned in yesterday's post, we had a very nice R & R weekend. Last night, there was a documentary on CBC on 'How the meltdown happened'. I probably should have watched that with Alan; however, I chose to watch 'Sleeping Beauty' instead; and I am glad I did; and with a glass of red vino as well! You might say, I was really appreciating the 'rest'; and it was as if I were a child all over again, watching a Disney classic before bedtime! LOL! The animation is so clever; and it is refreshing to see that dreams, hopes, and 'chivalry is not dead!'

Tidbit - When you take a 'rest', put aside all other bittidz matters; so that you can truly enjoy a beneficial 'rest'. I was tempted yesterday to tackle some 'gnawing' files / paperwork; however, I 'shut the door' on those particular projects, and joyfully 'rested' instead! There is a 'time and a place'; and the 'documentary' I will absorb another time.

Bittid - Pray and confidently 'expect GOOD things to happen' each day! Remembering always to 'Praise Him In ALL Things'; regardless of circumstances. Being genuinely thankful for one's Blessings is Pleasing to Him; and by having a positive attitude, things 'change' for the better!

Love the above 'restful' picture of my favourite coffee mug, which I am enjoying right now! A 'Good Morning' Cheer! (Refer to March 5th photos if you wish).

Have to go for now; will be back either a bittid later or tomorrow.

God Bless.

No comments: