Friday 27 March 2009

Polish up your thoughts!


Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you in your part of the world!

First of all, my apologies for not writing a post yesterday. We had a full tidbitz day; and I was just plain 'out of gas'.

As per the post of March 25th, I am grateful and thankful for sharing with you bits and tids of our lives; including the 'ups and downs'. It is just as important, if not more, to offer genuiness and compassion that hopefully gives you also, an upbeat uplift for each day! Methinks, when one reflects and looks back upon past daily challenges / obstacles / difficulties, whatever, one becomes more appreciative for having endured the 'battles' for that day(s). One gains more insight, more courage / confidence, more Faith, and 'grows stronger' on the inside' by enlightening experiences. Do you not find that usually to be the tid case?

Had mentioned that we are in a bit of a 'waiting' mode; however, we keep on trekking 'like the energizer bunny'. It is just a simple matter of 'timing' (given the world economy); and as I said, 'may as well do your best to enjoy the journey' while you 'wait' for His Help. Sometimes, that can be hard to do; however, you just have to simply keep on being positive, and perpetually reinforcing yourself with Hope, Faith, and Trust in Him to Provide eventual Solution. These past few days, I have been 'spring cleaning' - ie polishing up our silver, rearranging cupboards, display cabinets; and believe it or not, it all takes time; which I have enjoyed immensely! The 'time' has zoomed by me; however, I was able to tackle tasks that I have 'put off'. It is a good feeling isn't it, when you create less 'clutter' and elegant simplicity in your home! Plus, it helps put things into a calm perspective, renewed focus, and recharging of batteries.

The photo is of a beautiful silver embedded / embossed plate / dish / bowl; and it was given to me as a wedding gift for my first marriage. Eventhough, I do not know its origin; (there is NO hallmark); I was told many years ago, by an antique dealer, that the plate is most likely Russian. I love this plate; and am happy to share a polished picture! LOL! I wonder whose table it may have graced in the 1800's!

As you may know, I have collected wonderful Lady Head Vases since 1991. (Please refer to previous posts, if you wish a bittidz background). Well, methinks I may be selling some of them; however, by appointment only; and at prices that are fair and reasonable to 'both sides of the coin'; to 'coin a phrase', if you will. I will savour as a 'keepsake' a few 'favourites' (some that are the cheapest, as it happens) for our cabinet! As mentioned before, you can be reassured that you are a 'collector', when you have 'one or more' of the same genre!

Last night, we watched a 'muriad of movies'; and do you think I can remember the name of them? I asked Alan; he does not recall either; save that the movies were 'disjointed' / 'disfunctional' in certain regards. There was one movie about a young boy; whose family was brutally killed by the Nazis; and how he escaped from the family home, uninjured; yet his spirit was crushed (almost mutilated comes to my mind). He was found in the woods and taken in by a kindly Greek man, who brought him up as his adopted son. The trauma 'Jacob' had to go through was horrendous; and he wrote a book about his recollections of the tragic events. It was only when he was in midlife, he was able to 'let go' (well to an extent) the 'depression' and the 'darkness'; and thus was able to finally give LOVE back. Small wonder the movie was 'disjointed'. Eventhough, the script appeared to be a bittid puzzling and confusing, it was also quite 'clear' to me and made sense. I have an even greater empathy for what he and so many others had to endure throughout those horrific years.

Tidbit - There is always someone who has been or is in a worse situation than yourself; so take heart. act with Grace, and rise above all things. Continue to 'Praise Him In ALL Things'; and never give up!

Bittid - 'Out of bad circumstances, comes good'. I believe that totally! Rely on Him to be your Guide and to carry your 'burdens'. As a tidbit, you become more optimistic and 'stalwart' each and every day. I like that word, 'stalwart'; you can refer to my March 5th post, if you wish a further bittid of detail.

Am going to go for now; however, will be back in a bit. Would like to share some tid thoughts re: the insightful teachings of the International Bible Teachers, that I have made reference to, in my earlier posts. Also, Friday again! Am happy it is Friday; and that the weekend is here! At the moment, it does not feel like the season Spring; as it is hugely overcast with dark grey / black clouds, with the spitting start of rain.

Thank you for reading my posts. Here is wishing you all the inspirational and joyful zest for today; and for each and every day! Living one day at a time, works best.

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: