Friday 20 March 2009

Happy First Day of Spring!


Good Evening. or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world.

Friday again! Has been another full day; and we are now home for the night! The weather today, has been a strange mix; black clouds, 'raining cats and dogs', hail, then sunshine - tid back and forth! It is as if the 'April Showers' are launching sooner! Right now, the sun is magnificent; blue skies to the west; dark and foreboding skies to the east; along with a very gusty wind. And, Alan has just poured me a glass of South African Red wine! Skal!

We have been on a 'real learning curve' yesterday and today; and now all we can do, is to simply 'wait' for return calls. We know He has a Purpose, a Solution; and all to the GOOD! Thus, we are going to enjoy the weekend and be of good cheer!

We are going tomorrow afternoon to the 'wake' of our good friend, Marcus; you can refer to my March 7th post, 'Appreciating special moments!'; if you wish a bit of background. Marcus and his family are old family friends; I grew up with his niece and nephews; inasmuch as they lived right across the street from us. So, it will be an extra special 'memorial'; and I am sure there will be lots of humourous stories, that we will all be sharing amongst us.

My son returns also tomorrow afternoon from his 3 week vacation to New Zealand. He fell in love with the country; loved the sheer and breathtaking beauty; and inasmuch, as the 'Lord of the Rings' was filmed there as well. He stayed with his close friends, who recently moved there; and I can hardly wait to see all the wondrous pictures he took! He also spent a few bittid days in Australia; however, not near where our other dear friends live.

Also had my hair 'done'; and it does boost one's spirits so! - ie the 'before and after look! 'LOL! It was long overdue; and my kind friend, 'Barb' telephoned me and pretty much said, "Do not worry about paying for it right now; just come in and get your hair done; plus you will feel so much better". I am glad I heeded her upbeat words; so this afternoon, I appreciated having a bit of 'colour help' and a tid of 'tidying up!' LOL! Plus, she had saved for me, a couple of cooking magazines, offering tasty and 'easy to prepare' recipes; as well as serving me a tidbit glass of red vino! It was a happy way of ending the afternoon! Now that is tidbitz service! I will do something nice in return for her kindness (apart from paying her, when I can). She has emphatically told me: 'Do not worry; just come in'; and, she booked me another appointment for next month. We are anticipating that our bittidz business will be refinanced sooner rather than later; and that being said, we will be that much closer to achieving our longterm vision.

Tidbit: Random acts of kindness go a long way. As the expression goes: 'What goes around, comes around'; and for those of you who have been recipients of someone's genuine kindness, do something 'special' for them, to show your thankful appreciation.

Bittid: If you 'keep things simple', you will enjoy each day better; as there will be less confusion and stress. It is now the 'weekend'; a time to reflect and be joyfully grateful for your Blessings and for the first day of Spring!

Love the gorgeous photo image; bright and cheerful; a wonderful welcome what Spring should be! We are going to watch a couple of movies tonight; and once again, TGIF! (Thank Goodness It's Friday!)

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: