Saturday 7 March 2009

Appreciating special moments!

























Good Afternoon!

Eventhough it is mid afternoon, I feel as if it is much later in the day. (Getting prepared for the 'Spring Forward'). Perhaps because it has been a full tidbitz week, and we have been up much earlier than usual, these past few mornings.

The weather has 'changed' - it is quite chilly, breezy, and there is 'that feeling' that 'snow is in the air'. We had to go out to do a few errands; and in the next short bit, I will be tackling the bittidz files / organizing our filing cabinets. Maybe it is just as well that it is overcast; so that I am not distracted by blue sunny skies - which will be here soon enough!

Just received a call from a good friend of mine (I had been thinking about her); unfortunately her husband's uncle just passed away; so she wss letting us know about a small reception / wake that will be taking place - on the first day of Spring. The gentleman who died, had been ill for many years; so he was brave til the end; and fortunately, he literally lived a full and rich life. Also, our neighbour, Maureen, who is still in the hospital, has had 'further complications'; and it is weird to look out our bedroom bay window and not see her open curtains.

Here are three pictures of my beloved 'elephant' vest from China; that a dear friend of mine has asked me to post! You can also refer to my February 22nd post, Memories!', if you would like to read about the tid tale of this vest!' LOL! This vest makes me visualize 'Joseph's coat of many colours'; which I am sure was beautiful! This vest is made of a soft gentle 'suade' material; and I love the vivid details! This vest can be worn with most, if not all colours; very versatile! I LOVE elephants; and if you wish you can refer also to my post 'Elephant Walk' of January 17/09.

Also the uncle (a very good friend of my parents and mine; as well as a neighbour up the street, where I lived as a child) played a wonderful part in my first marriage; and in fact, February 22nd was his birthday, as well as my wedding date to my first husband.

A brief story: 'Marcus' had turned 50 years on the wedding (I thought then, that fifty was so old! LOL!) date. After the wedding, we came back to my old home for a reception; which was a lot of fun, with music, dancing, and lots of champagne! 'Marc' was feeling no pain, shall we say! Before the lasagne, salad, and other delicious goodies were served to our intimate gathering of family and close friends, 'Marc' took us for a ride in his 'Rolls Royce'.

Imagine this amusing picture! He is the 'driver'; and we are driving at a 'snail's pace', along the beach route, with balloons flying out all over the place; as the windows were all down! There is serious symphony music loudly playing in his R.R. prized possession; and he spoke not a word; save that he was doing his best to drive / 'weave' in as straight a line as possible. Luckily we were only on the road for a short time! LOL!

We end up going back to 'Marc's' lovely old house; he put on his cowboy boots, and started dancing with me to the 'records'(I am in full regalia wedding gown) of the western singer, 'Ernest Tubb'. He had already a glowing fire lit and produced a magnum of Mum's champagne on ice!!! We had a 'celebration'; and then the three of us were definitely happy to see some much needed food, when we returned back to my parents' home! Glad it was just down the street! LOL! 'Marc' was walking backwards - picture this - walking forward as if carrying a tray, but really walking backwards!

When the bride and groom (us) were making their much later 'get away' departure, we were showered with confetti, the works. Plus, my suitcase, was full of confetti; that was my maid of honour's joke! The confetti was in everything; everywhere; and for months yet to come; however, I share a good laugh about that memorable adventure with 'Marc'. May his soul rest in peace; which I am sure it is. Just felt like a timely tale to tell. LOL!

Had best go; to start the paperwork / file organizing; should make a clean dent in things, before the hockey game tonight. We are going to enjoy a 'makeover' pizza, created by Alan for dinner; am looking forward to that; as well as a glass or two of South African Vino.

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: