Tuesday 23 September 2008

Being calm and enjoying a peace within


Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Wow! Today has just 'zoomed by'. We were up early and I will be glad to see our bed tonight! LOL! Hope there is a good movie on!

We had a bittidz of things to get caught up on; inasmuch as we had been out of town; and primarily Alan was the designated one to deal with our business projects. I welcomed the 'house stuff'; and ended up being on a 'roll'; by cleaning out cupboards and shelves etc. Voila! Our bittid kitchen has now been 'transformed' to avail easier accessability and enjoyment. It helps to have your dishes, pots, pans, utensils all close by; rather than stacked up on shelves, in a high cupboard, only reachable via a step ladder. Plus, I want to use our kitchen items; as opposed to just having them 'sit' unutilized, gathering dust on the shelves. Am sure some of you, can relate. It was also quite 'therapeutic'; because apart from reorganizing, I had the luxury of appreciating a calm within; eventhough the global financial market etc is not at ease.

Alan is going to cook up some prawns (we bought them frozen, on sale) with garlic and butter(Mmmmmm) for dinner; and I will happily use up our produce both from our fridge and our tidbitz garden! Bit red potatoes, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, whatever there is! 'Waste not, want not'; is very true; an expression my Mum always said to me. There are so many people starving around the world, that there is no way, I am going to throw anything away; and I can just season things with an extra tidbit of fresh garden spices! I throw a bit of brown sugar and butter into the frying pan, when I cook up the cherry tomatoes and snow pea pods; and they are a very tid treat! Plus a Caesar Salad, with freshly seasoned croutons, and a glass of South African Red Wine - sounds good to me; all with an 'International flavour!

Tidbit - Keeping a calm, and a joyfulness, while you wait on Him to Provide Solution is good; because when you genuinely anticipate His Solution,(whatever it is going to be) you are filled with peace and a confidence.

Bittid - 'Praise Him in ALL Things'; even during these tougher times. I know I have mentioned this quite a few times in my posts; however, it is very true! Also, you feel so much the better for it, when you say those words!

Took the above photo with our digital camera, my son gave us! It is of our beautiful Queen Elizabeth Rose, in a Norwegian silver vase (from my grandparents); in a neat bowl, on our coffee table in front of our wonderful fireplace!

God Bless.

No comments: