Monday 12 October 2009

Thoughts of Thanksgiving

Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Feel as if it has been an age since I last wrote a post; eventhough, it was only two days ago.

Yesterday morning, I embraced the Vision Channel and watched 'Hour of Power' (Dr. Robert Schuller - www.hourofpower.org) and 'Enjoying Everyday Life' (Joyce Meyer - www.joycemeyer.org). The programs provided me with some more enlightening ephifanies; and I will share a few tidbits with you in later posts. Alas, did not watch 'Living Truth' (Charles Price - www.livingtruth.ca) as a friend of ours came over for a tid visit.

We were thankful it was Sunday and for the most part, it was a 'day of rest'. However, we still had some calls to follow up with re: our Tuesday deadline. Later in the afternoon, we cooked up our small turkey, and later in the evening, appreciated a wonderful Thanksgiving meal of Alan's Scottish oatmeal stuffing, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, homemade gravy, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and ice cream. This Thanksgiving has been an extra special one for us; and we 'Praise Him In ALL Things'.

Tidbit - Psalm 91: v 1 & 2 - Security of the One Who Trusts in the Lord

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!"

I read those reassuring Biblical words, as well as the other fourteen verses of Psalm 91 today. That particular passage gave me such wonderful encouragement, and it was shortly thereafter, that we received some bittids of good news, which will boldly assist us in tomorrow's endeavour.

Bittid - Be of good cheer, 'keep things simple', and be genuinely appreciative for each day. Also, remembering to always Thank Him for Blessings.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, Alan and I treat each and every day like a 'mini Thanksgiving'.

Methinks, we will be seeing our bed sooner rather than later tonight, as we have a bit of an early start tomorrow. It is a perfect night to stay comfy and warm indoors; as it is a cool, crisp Fall evening.

Hope those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving, enjoyed a hearty one!

Good Night, Peace, and God Bless.

No comments: