Tuesday 8 April 2008

Strange Visitors


Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Have just returned home from appointments from 8:30 am til now. Been a full tidbitz of a day, thus far!

We had an unexpected visitor late last night. We had just finished watching a most entertaining movie, 'American Gangster', with Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington. The plot was based on a true story; and was well done. We watched the bit start of a horror movie, before turning our lights out. A tid too scary for me! LOL!

Some time later, with Alan snoozing away, our Blue starts to growl; and I mean GRRRRRROWL. I was not sure whether I was more frighened by a 'would be intruder', or by the protective defense posture taken by our dog! So up we sprung, wondering 'what on earth was the matter to cause such a clatter', on our rooftop! Does it make you think of St. Nick and his 8 tidbitz tiny reindeer?

It was certainly most eerie, and both my head was racing, and my heart was pounding! Alan did not appear too concerned; and having listened for 'noises', and being satisfied there was 'nothing', he crawled back under the covers. Then the unusual 'roof sounds' started up all over again; along with the same offensive guard dog tactics, and chills running up and down my spine. I forced myself to get up, and gingerly made my way downstairs to check things out; sending our Blue on ahead of me! Then my fear was replaced with an internal 'bravado'.

Now, if the noises were from inside our house, then I would have followed through with a Plan B. Goodness knows what that would have been; but some decisive, proactive action would have been taken, on my part; ie. I would have simply relied on Him to take care of things. 'He IS the Way, the Truth, and the Light'.

Later in the night, same outside noises, on and off til about 5 am. This time though, I was able to detect scuffling 'scratchy' bittidz steps back and forth; but not by a human tread. My guess, is this a racoon family that may have taken up residence on our roof. And, if so, why our roof? LOL!

Mentioned the bittidicals to management; and the key 'poobah' is away on vacation; so my tidbiticals are 'on hold' til next week. I would like to hope that this was a one time only occurence; but who knows? It could also be squirrels; however, more likely racoons. Whatever family may be 'nesting', it is better to attend to things sooner, rather than later; because if there are babies, the WildLife Act comes into play; and the wee ones can not be removed until they are more 'mature'.

Strange day; raining, hailing, dark skies, then brilliant sunshine; and now more rain, black clouds, and a wind freshening up. Also just heard the howling cries of coyotes; no kidding. Blue's ears perked up; and once again, he is our 'ever ready'dog warrior.

Tidbit - When your nerves are 'on end' etc, just keep saying these wonderful words, "Fear Not, for I have Overcome the World". That message was a gentle comfort to my ears, and a courageous calm took over asap. Of course, both the 'gangster movie' and the horror show had added a bit to my rushing tid adrenalin! LOL!

Bittid - Be thankful, if you have a dog, who would valiantly protect you with their life. However, I would do my utmost, to protect my dog as well! The above photo is of our Blue.

Now the sun is back, shining in full force! Plus, we have a few more bittid things left to do, before we call it a tidbit day!

Here is wishing you a nice evening or day.

God Bless.

No comments: