Wednesday 9 April 2008

Appreciate family!


Hi, Just felt like sharing some tidbits / bittids, before I call it a day!

Appreciate your family! Enjoy them; because life is all too short!

Just had a nice conversation with my daughter; and it made me reminisce about earlier days. It takes me back to when I was a child; and my parents would make an effort of getting the family together for a weekly roast beef dinner on Sunday nights.

We had dinner together a lot; but I remember that the roast beef dinner was always 'special!' Roast beef, homemade yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, pan made gravy from scratch, veggies (depending what was in season), and home baked angel food cake, with vanilla ice cream and strawberries. Frozen strawberries or any other type of freezer berries hit the spot; along with the juice of the berries, which added an extra delight. Also, what was / is 'yummy', is putting a piece of bread underneath the roast! For those of you, who have not yet had that tid food experience, the 'blood' soaked bread is to die for! Well, to live for is a much better plan! LOL!

Mentioned to my daughter, that 'if it were a perfect world, Alan and I would love to have you, your hubby, and children, and your brother over for 'roast beef' dinner on a regular basis. Once a month, I think is doable!' My parents used to set up a beautiful table with all the trimmings; ie the silver, china, and crystal; and it made the meal that much more 'extravagant!' I think everyone felt as if they were eating in luxurious grandeur! Although, what matters most, is not 'things'; but family getting together! Was able to share with my daughter some of my bit thoughts; and I know she is of similar mind. LOVE the above photo image! It looks so mouth watering!

Just wanted to pass on my thoughts. Not too long ago, we were at my daughter's for dinner (you can refer to the March 21st post, if you wish); and we enjoyed a wonderful meal and evening. You can probably guess what we had for dinner! (If roast beef if not your preferance, then whatever is 'special' to you).

As Alan has bittidz surgery tomorrow, he has been on clear liquids all day...yuk! Will keep you posted on that tidbitz.

Last night, we were not disturbed by our 'roof intruders' or 'extruders', is more like it. Our Blue would have alerted us to any nocturnal visitors, had there been a reoccurence, as per the night before. We are about to watch a show; and it won't be a 'horror' movie either! LOL!

Am going to say 'Good Night', and 'Sweet Dreams', until tomorrow.

God Bless.

No comments: