Saturday 2 January 2010

Embrace each day!


Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

We are embracing today! We were out this morning, as we had to 'play catch up' with various tid errands, that we did not get to, during the Christmas Season. It has been pouring with rain; a perfect day to stay home and chill / veg out!

My son loaned us a DVD movie and we will be watching it this evening. We had thought we were going to view it last night; but ended up relocating to our cosy bed abode to watch, 'The Fellowship of the Rings' - 'Lord of the Rings'. Such an awesome movie! The magnificence of the New Zealand scenery and the computer graphics 'take my breath away' every time I revisit the movie. Perhaps the second part of 'Lord of the Rings' will be on later this evening. There is always an 'ephifany' that I learn from this incredible movie. ie. In this case - To do the best you can, with whatever you have, and make the most of the present.

Tidbit - Live IN THE PRESENT; do not lament the past, and / or worry about the future. He wants us to live one day at a time; and if we remain stuck on past issues and / or fixated on future frets, then we are not giving Him our best.

While we were out this morning, I exchanged some New Year Greetings with a few neighbours, as well as having run into a very dear friend, whom I had been thinking about recently. Lo and behold, we were in the same long line up in the bank! I was going to take a different route, but changed my mind at the last minute. If I had not done that, chances are, I would not have seen her! She was my old neighbour years ago; and she is like a 'Mum' to me! She and her husband moved to a suburb; so to see her again, is an extra special Blessing to me! She very rarely 'comes into town'; however, we have agreed to get together somewhere, somehow, within the next week or two.

Appreciated hearing about how a few friends celebrated New Year's Eve. One went out for dinner with her husband, then on to a Christmas play, then for a festive drink, and finally to a house party. Another chap (a young man) went with a group of thirty friends, to an elegant downtown hotel, to attend a New Year's Gala. The group ended up having their 'Big Mac' attacks in the early hours of the morning! Also, most of the group went back to his house; and celebrated til the wee hours of dawn! LOL! Quite amusing; as Alan and I had our 'Big Mac' attack, at the start of New Year's Eve! Actually, the 'Big Mac' was our dinner! LOL! But, it tasted so good, champagne and all! If you wish, you can refer to my December 31st and January 1st posts for a bit of background.

Our good friend, re: New Year's Eve, did not come into town; however, we have 'his' room and bed ready; as he knows he is welcome any time. Nice to have friends like that, methinks! They are no fuss; and I just simply say: 'Our house is your house; and make yourself at home'.

Also, on 'Living Truth' (Charles Price - www.livingtruth.ca), Charles shares his insights on the importance of properly understanding the Bible in its entireity and in its proper context. The way he explains the Bible and breaks it down, makes sense; so for those of you who desire to know more, visit his website, or watch his program on T.V; and, or listen to a radio broadcast. Charles offers wonderful resources and encouraging teachings on how best to learn more about Christ; as the 'Word Becomes Flesh'. The Holy Spirit is the Living Embodiment of Christ's Spirit, which helps us understand His Message and Know it IS the TRUTH.

We had to go out for a short bittidz. ie. to the Liquor Store. My son contributed three bottles of red wine towards our Christmas family dinner; and we still have 1.5 bottles left! We are 'safekeeping' a particular wine exclusively to share with him, as he has not tried this particular French Reserve wine, called 'Circus'. I inquired about it at the Liquor Store; and apparently, you have to order it by the case. Hmmmm. So yes, we will enjoy that 'speciality' wine with him, when he is next over for a meal. There is also a red wine from Argentina, called 'Pampas'; and that was part of the wine selection he brought over. Alan and I will appreciatively enjoy a glass of that Argentinian delight tonight with our dinner! The South African red wine is also very good; and has excellent value. Inasmuch as my son gave us a 'Gift card' for Christmas, we treated ourselves to stocking up our liquor larder a tidbitz (ie A bottle of our favourite South African red wine).

When we were leaving the Liquor Store, there was a 'street person', with cap in hand and hand out. We had some 'silver'; which we gave him. He was appreciative and said, 'God Bless'. Well, 'something' tweaked within me, and I joyfully, fearlessly, and confidently bounded / bounced back to him; first thanking him for his kind words, and secondly I asked him if he truly believed in Christ? He quickly assured me, that he did; and that his life had been saved many a time by Him. I said that we simply have to 'BELIEVE IN HIM'. He enthusiastically agreed; and then added, that it was best to keep on believing in Him. Because when one forgets and turns their back on Him, He turns His back on them as well. I immediately zoomed in with: "No, He does not do that; He NEVER GIVES UP ON US. However, if you do not focus upon Him (or words to that effect), perhaps His Flow is interfered with."

At any rate, I gently touched his shoulder and he instantaneously 'lit up'. Alan asked him where he was from (we discerned he was not from here). Alan, who gave him a 'trac', also suggested that he should get in touch with a loved one, who wants to hear from him. He was dumbfounded; because that was, indeed, the case! I suggested he call his sister collect; and sooner, rather than later; and he assured us, he would. The thing was, I was like a 'kangaroo'; and was delighted when we 'uplifted' his spirits! He also was an encouraging 'boost' to my spirits; because he was sharing with me how he had been 'saved' so many times; just by his constant trusting BELIEF in Him. I had the intuitive feeling, he was much MORE, than he appeared to be. As the expression goes: 'You can not judge a book by its covers'. It was a precious, jubilant, memorable moment for me! I might add, that after that enlightening encounter, he 'disappeared'.

Bittid - Share the message of the Good News. Be an uplift / Blessing to others; and daily 'Praise Him In ALL Things!' The Lord's Prayer is a very powerful Prayer! He, does, indeed Provide our daily needs! When I share 'our', I am referring to each and every one of us; as He LOVES us all unconditionally! It is never too late to 'Seek and Ye Shall Find!'

'Well' (Deep subject, you can refer to my post of June 13/07), I am heartily appreciative for today; and am now thankful for the peaceful R & R of the evening. Once again, here is the vivid photo that my cousin recently took of a beautiful 'Baja Bird'. The colours are so vibrant! Am looking forward too, to watching the Vision Channel tomorrow morning (Hour of Power, Enjoying Everday Life, and Living Truth); as there may be some vibrant ephifanies!

Good Night, Peace, and God Bless.

No comments: