Sunday 28 December 2008

A bit of a sad Sunday start


It is with a bit of sadness (actually a lot) that I write this post today.

It is re: 'The Hour of Power'. I had a 'funny' feeling that 'something' was just not 'right' or computing in my heart. ie I had not seen Robert A. Schuller (Jr) on the Hour of Power, for several weeks. I thought, perhaps he is serving as a wonderful Missionary in an Outreach Program, or spending time with family, taking a well deserved vacation, or just taking a sebatical. Then I Googled 'The Crystal Cathedral'; and alas: "Robert H. Schuller fires son, Robert A.Schuller"...... OOOPS?.

I am really grateful for the Vision Channel; and for the last couple of years; I have been tuning into the Sunday T.V. broadcasts of 'Hour of Power' (with both Schullers), 'Enjoying Everyday Life' (Joyce Meyer), and 'Living Truth' (Charles Price).

I can appreciate that both Schullers have their own uniqueness as two differently created human beings; and their own style of sharing the message. That is only natural! As a recent Christian (thanks to Alan, who witnessed to me in 2002, when we met); I have since then, been uplifted by both Schullers. Robert H. Schuller (Snr) provides positive encouragement and also welcomes many wonderful guests, to share their story; and how they genuinely accepted Jesus Christ into their hearts. I think that is great; very credible witnesses, endorsing Him! Robert A, Schuller (Jr) was also upbeat; and I felt that he became 'better and better' with each teaching of the message! In fact, I looked forward to hearing the younger Pastor share his teachings as well. He referred to the Bible! Whether you like it or not, the Bible does NOT lie. It IS TRUTH of then, now, and in things to come; and the Bible IS relevant for each and every day! Many wonderful wonderful stories!

From the bottom of my heart, I Pray that both Schullers work it out between them; and that FORGIVENESS (a message they both encourage) happens; thus a Reconciliation! I would like to see Robert A. Schuller 're -instated' in the Crystal Cathedral for many reasons; however, perhaps God has chosen another purpose for him. ie "When one door closes, another door opens".

I was not able to enjoy 'Hour of Power' in its entireity today; in fact, I chose not to watch it!. All I can say is that I wish both men well; and yet something is 'missing' now from the Crystal Cathedral, methinks. Both men have their strengths; and each have their own appeal. Nevertheless, I would like to see Pastor Robert A. Schuller continue with whatever it is that God has placed before him; and I would like to keep abreast of his 'Walk in Christ'.

The above tid photo image is of both Schullers; and if you wish, you can Google - Hour of Power and read for yourselves

Will be back later to share some tidbits / bittids from 'Enjoying Everyday Life' and 'Living Truth'. Perhaps some of you, may wish to 'check into' both Joyce Meyer and Charles Price as well, to give you a bit better understanding of their invaluable messages!

God Bless.

No comments: