Tuesday 27 May 2008

Tuesday Morning Reflections


Good Morning or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

We SLEPT in this morning! Dog and all! Good thing we did not have any early appointments! When I say we slept in, it was til 8:30 am! Even our Blue! So up I 'hobbled'; not jumped; however, managed to get a few tidbit things done. Am so grateful we have a washer and dryer! I think if I lived in a country where there was no access to machines or WATER, it would be quite a scrubby challenge. Hmmmmm; makes me appreciate each and every bittid thing all the more! However, one would make the best of it; and create a 'system' of sorts, a) to have water and b) to wash the laundrey. I feel for China; no water; am thinking a 'pipe dream' ie - pipelines to carry / transport water; however, the dams are falling apart and the rivers are polluted. Hmmmmm.

We watched a bittidz movie the other evening with the recent Oscar winning actor, Daniel Lewis. He was excellent in the role; and how greed can play such a havoc upon lives; inasmuch as the movie, 'There Will Be Blood', portrayed the man to be consumed with his own zest for power and single control. He did not encourage competition; in fact got 'rid of any contenders'; he wanted to be the 'Kingpin' at all costs. He did get what he deserved at the end of the movie; interesting ending. The tidbitz is, it did not have to be that way; but 'power corrupts'; or when the authority is usurped or not properly followed and / or wisely delegated, chaos reigns instead.

Maybe I should 'sleep in' more often! LOL! Am presently appreciating my freshly brewed cup of coffee brought to me from Alan; and inasmuch as I took our Blue out for his quick bit constition, it feels good now to have my foot up on the pillow, which is elevated on top of our waste paper basket, beside our computer. I also am thinking about one of my best friends, who tragically died approx 1.6 months ago; and she and I used to enjoy our 'chatter' and / or 'banter' on the phone. And as we did not live too far away from one another; we would meet for coffee at each other's home. When our children were small, we would meet for coffee / home made muffins (she was quite the baker!); while they were at preschool; and those were fun times. And, of course, there were some days when our visits would be extended to lunch; as she and I 'carpooled' and the kids were good tid friends. So, 'Lynn', eventhough I miss you, I know you are at peace. I was just looking to locate a post I wrote about her; and yet at the moment, I am not able to find it. How quickly the time has gone; as it does not seem that long ago!

Will say, when I was out and about with Blue, I ran into a couple of our neighbours; they are lovely people. He recently lost his wife (she passed away); and she her husband (has dementia; and has to be in an institution); and every morning, they go for a neighbourly walk together. They are both in good shape; for being in their 80's.

Love the above photo image of the 'Queen Elizabeth' Rose! We have our first pink 'Queen Elizabeth' Rose picked; and it is awesome in our Norwegian Hand hammered silver vase. I will attempt to take a photo; and ultimately see if I can connect photos to our computer, hence blogs.

Tidbit - Appreciate your Blessings; each and every moment.

Bittid - 'Praise Him in ALL Things'; each and every day.

God Bless.

No comments: