Sunday 4 January 2015

The Power of His Word!

Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

To recap a bittid. I was joyfully absorbed in my reading of the few Bible chapters I read yesterday, as per the outline on the Copeland Ministries' beautiful calendar.

Plus 'walked' on the Tony Gazelle Machine while I listened to Joyce Meyer's wonderful video on line (see video). A dear and special friend of ours sent us the following YouTube: 'How to Study the Bible' and it is very helpful. The night before I 'happened' to tune into the last few minutes of Joyce Meyer's program on T.V. She was talking about the 30/30 Challenge; a 30 day challenge to read the Bible for 30 minutes per day. I thought WOW!


In her video, Joyce refers to Proverbs 4:20 - 22 and the verses practically thundered out to me!
Verse 20 - 'My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ears to my sayings.'
Verse 21 - Do not let them depart from your sight; Keep them in the midst of your heart.'
Verse 22 - For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their whole body.'

Also, 2 Corinthians 3:18 - 'But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.'
I could write several bittids about that awesome message; however, much better for you to tune into the Youtube for the tidbits. Joyce and her two highly regarded guests, impart wisdom and encouragement.

I have been 'pondering' whether I should do the 30/30 Challenge. The thing was, I kept reflecting upon this very tidbit; as in 'food for thought.' In the middle of last night, after repeatedly 'hearing' the empowering thought: 'Get up and sign up', I did so and instantly felt better for making that tid choice! (albeit I was a bit nervous at the same time, thinking what have I got myself into?). However, it IS the Holy Spirit WHO IS Directing me to make this extra special commitment; and He will equip me with Wisdom and Understanding to soak in and digest the Word! When you honour Him with time, He honours you. I have always been appreciative of Joyce and her awesomely 'down to earth' teachings. Many heartfelt thanks!

For those of you who are intrigued with learning more of the Word and how to better 'drink in' and understand the Bible, join Joyce and make a 30 day commitment to do this. See how your life will change and instead, be a 'light' to those who are struggling in the 'darkness' in this secular world. Not only is Joyce offering this inspirational way to learn and share this worldwide message, the sign up is for free!
Truly best to watch the on line YouTube video. I really like the resilient passage from Ephesians 4:23 - 'and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind.'

Also, forgot to mention, the other day Alan took over some of his home made turkey soup to one of our neighbours and they in turn, surprised us with a wonderful Christmas cake. It is all about treating others well, and being a 'Blessing' to all those you meet. "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: