Monday 5 January 2015

Choosing to Grow in His Word!

Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It as been a full day - in a GOOD way! However, want to share that Joyce Meyer's 30/30 Challenge is awesome! As per yesterday's post, my tidbit suggestion is to go for it! Have to admit, that it is a challenge; particularly when there are other things / distractions going on around you. You literally have to go somewhere quiet where you can truly drink in the Word! However, the 30 minutes became 50 minutes as the time just flew. LOL!

As shared in earlier bittidz posts, I am grateful for the good sized calendar from the Copeland Ministries. Not only is it beautiful, but there is an outline that suggests the breakdown of how the Bible can be read in its entirety in one year. There are just a few chapters to read per day; which encompasses a little of the Old Testament and a little of the New Testament. I am taking the time to read it to the tid point where everything seems so alive! ie. I can almost literally see all the animals going into Noah's Ark! It is also fascinating to read how Noah's descendants started the foundation of many nations. Then in the New Testament, it is Christ; and yet everything is intertwined wonderfully! When you read / study the Bible it makes sense a lot more than what I am saying. Thank you to the Copeland Ministries, to Joyce, and to all the other wonderful ministries!

Re the 30/30 Challenge, I am referencing two Bibles that are very special to me. One is The Open Bible - New American Standard, that was given to Alan by his Mum. The other was from my Mum; and it is a very old copy of the King James Version.

When I was a child, I used to love the beautiful pictures and stories in that Bible. One of my many favourites being Daniel in the Lion's Den, Sampson, and David and Goliath. My Mum's Bible is in very small print. In Alan's Mum's Bible, the print is bigger and all the words that Christ spoke, are in red print for emphasis.

What I am doing with the 30/30 Challenge, is reading the selected passages via the Copeland's recommendations and then when I study for the 30 minutes in Joyce's Challenge, I am starting at Matthew and really re reading them, making bittid comments and observations as I go. Have had a few ephifanies too! I wish I had done all of this years ago, but then 'it was not my time'. I am committed to do this and as I said, I have 'barricaded' (LOL!) myself in our computer room and comfortably have the pull-out sofa and a foot stool and I am set. I have a dictionary; have found some new words, with new meanings. Will be writing down my thoughts of tidbitz verses that jump out at me in my notebook to share with you in future posts.

Joyce also has her videos on line and today was Day One of the 30 /30 Challenge. While I was 'walking' on the Tony Gazelle machine, I saw some finches and thrushes outside our window and they were hopping about on our large magnolia tree. Alan has been putting out wild bird seed for the birds and we have been Blessed in seeing such a multitude of birds! 'Seeds are being sown' and I am appreciative in learning more about the Word!

Tidbit - If you start something, stick with it and do not give up! Finish well!

Bittid - Be joyful and thankful in the Lord!

Will share a bit more in my next post! I love this photo image!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: