Sunday 30 March 2014

Reach out to Christ and to those you love!

Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Here it is, Sunday - again! Much to be thankful for! Earlier in the morning, I watched www.intouch.org and Dr. Stanley gives a wonderful message about time. He is referring to the tidbit time you spend or rather to choose to spend with Christ. He is 'right on!'

That being said, the days do fly by very quickly and as one becomes 'younger' (LOL!), one appreciates the bittid time all the more. Last night one of our neighbours was walking their dog. He brought us up to date; saying that his wife had recently been diagnosed with a tumour above her left eye. She had surgery; but there is a part of the tumour that remains and should she undergo another operation, she could become blind. So for the time being, she is undergoing chemo and other types of treatment as an alternative.

Also, as per yesterday's post, Alan and I put Christ first in our hearts. Without Him, we are nothing. Basically that is what Dr. Stanley was sharing this morning. Also, when our time is up, we know where our eternal address is going to be! That is why it is so imperative that others genuinely invite Jesus Christ into their hearts, so they too, know that their final resting place will be with Him. NOT being enslaved in a perpetual place of hell. For those seeking Christ, the Bible provides the TRUTH. Also, there are many special ministries that offer their insights and resourceful teachings.

As a parent, I look at 'love' as a huge pie of abundance, with many infinite slices. They all have an important place in our hearts. ie. Christ being first, then followed by a slice devoted to your spouse, then another slice to your children, yet another slice to your grandchildren, then slices to friends, neighbours and others and even your enemies.

To quote what I wrote yesterday about honouring my parents for example.: "We are not supposed to have regrets or laments. Yet, I wish I had been better towards my parents." That is true. I wish I had taken more time to get to know and appreciate them more. I did make the time; but the time was not enough, methinks. My parents were 'different'; so small wonder I am as well!

A bit of info, even when I was a tid child, I always knew I was 'different.' Could never put my bittidz finger on it though. Now I understand it a whole lot tidbitz more. The special Gift of Life! Perhaps the fact that my life was spared and not 'snuffed' out while I was in my birth mother's womb. That I was adopted into a family who were not able to have children of their own. As my 'earth' Dad explained to me: "I was a carbon copy, special, and made to order!" Of course, as a child, I loved that wonderful explanation; and that was joyful music to my ears! I am daily grateful that I was adopted by a family who wanted children! That being said, I am also thankful for having given birth to my children; as they were very much wanted and are loved.

Alan's Mum was 'different' and she brought up Alan as a Christian and hence, he was looked upon as 'different.' Sadly, in Alan's walk, he has been a convenient 'scapegoat' or 'whipping boy.' I have observed this; be it in the forms of false witness, malice, anger, mean spiritness, you name it. Of course, I have had my fair share too, of being the 'butt of jokes' etc. The thing is, God KNOWS ALL and He IS the TRUTH and none of us can hide from Him.

Those who read my posts, I do not wish you to misconstrue that I am complaining. No, I am not. Far from it! Rather, I am reaching out to all those who are sad, have regrets, anger, apologies / ammends to make etc and are not sure where to turn. Christ is your ANSWER and your SALVATION!

Also love, respect, kindness, compassion, empathy etc is key. Without that toward your fellow man, there is nothing. For those of you, who want to genuinely 'make your hearts right', Seek Him and make Him first place in your hearts. Your foundation will be made strong and your lives will be forever transformed and you will be more appreciative of time. Remember He wants the BEST for you; because He loves you so!!!

This 16th verse from John 3, says it all! "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Here is a photo image that to me, is so restful and peaceful. Christ is our Saviour and our Healer; and with Prayer, Faith, and Trust in Him, He restores and provides all things. Simply cast all your worries and cares upon Him; and He Prevails.

Ask Him to carry your burdens and He does! He will never leave you; and once you invite Him into your heart, your lives will be changed for evermore. You will see things 'differently' as in having more Wisdom and Understanding - as per His Will, Purpose, and Plan that He has for you in your life.



Here is the video by Dr. Stanley - "Prayer: Our Tme-Saver."


Peace and God Bless.


No comments: