Friday 21 March 2014

Faith and Courage!

Good Morning, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It is a beautiful Spring morning! Sun shining, blue skies, a mild 8 degrees Celsius.

To recap, it has been a full week. The days have whirled by in a bittidz! When I last wrote, I mentioned that we were thinking of going to see the film, 'The Son of God.' As it happened, Sunday did not work out; so we look all the more forward to seeing this special movie, when the time permits.

One of our neighbours is gutting their whole downstairs, putting in new floors, new cupboards, new appliances etc. As they had no use of dishes etc, Alan took them over some soup, which they loved. Meanwhile our other neighbour wanted to have some more of the soup. Good thing Alan had made a large tidbitz batch of it. It is very good and it just gets better with each go around. The neighbour who is renovating, arrived on our doorstep the following day, with an empty glass and asking if we could give her a bittid of milk. Absolutely!

Where I am going with this, it is nice to know there are people who feel comfortable enough to simply ask. We were all set to give her some other tidbit food supplies, but they had been invited out for the evening.

Meanwhile a dear friend had previously sent us the following tidbits. I was going to quote it and do a post earlier in the week, but the bittids of time had eluded us. So, here it is. It is an excellent message to absorb.

"Free From Fear
Kenneth Copeland
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

– 2 Timothy 1:7

What would you think if I told you that you could live without fear? Would you believe me if I said that despite what you saw on the news tonight, you could be perfectly at peace? Impossible? Unrealistic? No!

You see, fear isn't just a reaction to external circumstances. It's a spiritual force. It begins inside a person. And it is totally destructive. In fact, fear is Satan's primary weapon. He moves in response to fear, the way God moves in response to faith. He challenges the promises of God with it.

An excellent example of this is found in Matthew 14 when Jesus invited Peter to come to Him on the water. "But when he [Peter] saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me" (verse 30).

What enabled Peter to walk on the water? His faith in the Word of Jesus. What caused Peter to sink? He saw the wind boisterous and he was afraid. It wasn't the wind that defeated him, it was his fear of it! He looked at his circumstances, gave into the fear, and the result was defeat. If Peter had kept his focus on Jesus, his faith would never have wavered. All the blustering and blowing in the world couldn't have drawn him off course.

Faith is developed by meditating on God's Word. Fear is developed by meditating on Satan's lies. Such fearful meditation is called worrying. Don't do it!

The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit. Use it to fight Satan every time he comes against you. Hold up your shield of faith and quench all of his fiery darts. Speak words of faith and fear will depart."

"Scripture Reading: Psalm 27
Psalm 27
King James Version (KJV)

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

I like this photo image of putting on the full Armor of God. (Ephesians 6: 10 - 17).


Peace and God Bless.

No comments: