Saturday 29 March 2014

"To thine own self be true"

Good Evening, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It has been a very dark day, with black skies, feisty winds, and pouring with heavy rains. Again though, no bit complaints on our weather conditions, compared to other areas of the world. Where there are major weather disruptions and horrific disasters.

We are not getting old (LOL!) as age is only as 'young as you feel.' That being said though, Alan's knee and elbow have been acting up; and methinks I somehow aggravated an old injury and pulled a muscle in my right shoulder.

Alan and I have been reflecting upon our many tidbit Blessings. The more we seek Him, the more we learn! We watched a few movies last night and eventhough we had seen them before, they were a lot more illuminating in the second go around. A lot has to do with human nature, greed, and deception, which is happening on an ever growing basis in various parts of the world.

Alan and I are thankful that we met coming up 12 years ago in June. We did not have a long courtship; because we just 'knew' we wanted to be with each other. Albeit, we did not really know each other; but then that makes life more appreciatively interesting, methinks! Of course, we were a little older and it was the second time around for both of us. We are a united front and it seems just like bittid yesterday, that we met. We can 'let our hair down' and be ourselves with each other. In other tid words, we communicate with transparency and share and care.

We have experienced tidbitz 'trials and tribulations' but we remain steadfast in our love towards Him first, then us, then the rest follows. I now have more of an understanding towards my Dad and Mum. My Dad was a Christian and from what I have been told and now reflect upon, he was a very spiritual man. He had FAITH and what he did, was 'against all odds.' He had to have 'something going for him' and that was Christ. He told me one day that I must have 'expectations' and now I know what he meant! Apart from his spiritual walk, he and my Mum put each other first before the rest. I remember that concept upset a lot of people; primarily because perhaps they were jealous of what they had. Apparently, there were many who said their marriage would not last; yet it did and genuinely so! My parents enjoyed each other's company to boot.

Just a short time ago, I took 2 pictures of our wonderful magnolia tree; which is blossoming forth like popcorn! Our next door neighbour's magnolia is a beautiful bittidz pink! Many Spring Blessings abound!

We are home for the night; and we will enjoy a simple and a good meal that Alan will prepare. He does most of the cooking (still waiting for me to be the 'so called cook' I professed I used to be! LOL!) and he teases me that he cooks for 'survival.' Put it this way, I know he likes cooking (I do as well) however, why should I interfere with the chef?! LOL!

Again, we are most fortunate to have met each other. I could probably write a best seller on the last 12 years; but am sure we are not the only ones. Will say this though, we travel on a road less travelled; and therefore, we are 'different.' I mentioned the other day about our elderly neighbour. I liked him from the get go, and he has become a dear friend. Alan just helped him with some garage lighting. It is always comforting to have someone 'holding the other end of the two by four.' As an aside, he likes us for who we are; and he feels we are a 'light' to him. (he is a 'light' to us as well!). Not patting ourselves on the back; but we are very thankful for a number of people who have come into our lives.

We are not supposed to have regrets or laments. Yet, I wish I had been better towards my parents. That being said, as I grow 'younger.' I have more of an appreciation for my parents (plus I was adopted, as mentioned in earlier posts); so I was wanted. Alan was the 4th born and unexpected and apparently a lot of people were suggesting that his Mum abort him. She would have none of it! Thank God for that! So, here are the two of us, that could have had our lives 'snuffed out.' Fortunately, we met in 'Answer to Prayer' which I shared way back in my beginning blogging post days. I know that my Dad accepted Christ into his heart (and my Mum too, I believe), as did Alan's Mum; so we know we will see and be with them in Heaven, when our purpose is fulfilled on this planet.

Alan and I want the best for everyone. Family, friends etc. For example, we are happy for my childrens' choices of mates. As long as they love each other and treat each other well, that is part of The Golden Rule: "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you." May that teaching also pass on to our grandchildren, whom we love dearly too.

Here are the photos. One taken from outside, and the other one from indoors. When the weather is better, there will be more pictures to come!



Peace and God Bless.

No comments: