Wednesday 16 September 2009

Celebrating moments and momentos!



























Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Have not written for a few days; seems like an age. The time, however, has just 'zoomed zoomed zoomed' by us.

We have been involved with various projects; and it is just a simple matter of 'waiting' for confirmation. Eventhough, there have been some added delays; we have faith that everything will come to fruition in the next short while. Also, I am participating in a home based business; and apart from loving the products, there is a sound business enrichment as well.

Had my son over for a 'Birthday' celebration dinner last night; and we really enjoyed seeing him! I set our dining room table; now wonderfully polished / restored by one of the products as per my Sept 4th post: 'Flowers say and do much'. I went 'all out!' ie. Exquisite handmade embroidered green and white placements that my parents used to enjoy, as well as their beautiful silver place settings. Also, their antique blue/white/gold dishes (they are no longer perfect; but lovely nonetheless). Appreciated the gorgeous green crystal Bohmemian cut glass wine glasses, and an ancient silver Norwegian vase with our freshly picked garden yellow roses. (The vase has been in some of my previous posts; ie with pink roses from our 'Queen Elizabeth' Climbing Roses bushes).

The delicious dinner was tortellini (with Sweet Basil from our veggie / herb patch) and seasoned prawns (prepared by Alan), my 'creative' Caesar salad (including bittid cherry tomatoes from our garden), fresh buttered rolls (Mmmmm!) AND, chocolate double fudge cake (one of my son's favourites!) with French Vanilla ice cream for dessert. To top the fun evening, we lit a cosy fire, and had a couple of nightcaps! We may be seeing my son this Thursday evening (his actual birthday), either to play a bit of 'pitch and putt'. or to see a movie, with our free movie passes!

Tidbit - Building and nuturing genuine relationships is what it is all about. Appreciating family, friends, neighbours, colleagues etc.

Bittid - Keep things simple! While you 'wait', be of 'good cheer!'

Have been reading many of the wonderfully uplifting Psalms; and they have been an encouraging refuge to me; particularly during these times of 'waiting'. Eventhough Alan and I have been proactive; we are also 'resting' in steadfast Hope and Trust that He will Provide Solution.

Watched the Vision Channel this past Sunday; nnd I experienced a few tidbit epifanies from 'Hour of Power' (www.hourofpower.org - Dr. Robert Schuller); 'Enjoying Everyday Life' (www.joycemeyer.org - Joyce Meyer); and 'Living Truth' (www.livingtruth.ca - Charles Price). There are NO coincidences and I appreciate their insightful messages. ie. Dr. Sheila Schuller Coleman speaks about a 'Faith Lift' etc (she is just great!); and Joyce Meyer (also great!) shares about how to handle disappointments; and referred to David (in the Psalms) who constantly laid his burdens before Christ. To maintain Joy and to have the 'Fruit of the Spirit' indwell within you; and that 'Patience' is developed from trials and tribulations etc. We also appreciate Charles Price, as he is so enlightening with his 'down to earth' perspectives. Methinks, for those of you who want to 'Seek and Ye Shall Find', and / or have questions; best to tune into their refreshing yet, empowering teachings about Christ.

The photos are of our exquisite yellow roses, as well as another 'treasure' from our complex's garbage area. ie. the plant as well as the pot; both were separate 'finds'. The pot may look a tid grungy; but it is solid; and in time the plant will be growing over this stone planter. 'Waste not, Want not' an expression my Mum always said, comes to mind at this moment!

Also are pictures of my childrens' 'bronzed baby shoes' / book ends, that have been in my 'safekeeping' for all these years. With a bittidz more of polishing, they will look as good as new! Heartfelt memories is also what matters; and I gave my son these tidbitz momentos yesterday and will do the same with my daughter for her upcoming birthday.

Repeating re: my September 10th post: 'Cherish 'special' moments!', re: the two birthday cards I received from both of my children. "Believe it or not, both cards were exactly the same! No coincidence here, folks! I thought, Wow! Apart from the nice handwritten greetings, the cards had these empowering words:

"Cherish the past
embrace the present
and welcome the future.

Celebrate life!"

Methinks there is a lot of sense in that message!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: