Saturday 12 May 2007

First Day of Gardening!



First day of gardening; and at our new home! We were outside for at least 6 hrs; it did not feel like that at all! Fortunately, the weather held at about 62 degrees F. I was in my shorts; thinking "summer is here!" and did not feel the coolness or the heat. We got quite a bit of stuff done! Alan dug holes for our plants that had to finally come out of the pots; he was busy planting the plants; and I planted the flowers. He likes his plants; and I like my flowers! LOL! But, both are important and special parts of our garden!

Tidbit - Appreciate being outside and putting together a garden; be it in a tidbit space or whatever size it is!

We have a small patio; however, our veggies are now planted in planters; and the flowers are planted; save for a few roses that need to be planted into the earth, as opposed to remaining in their pots. I am saving the geraniums for tomorrow! I will be out on our tid balconey to plant the geraniums; along with a bit or two of coffee!

We still need to get some more soil; that will be mainly for cosmetic covering!

It is now evening; am glad to say! It has been a refreshing, restful, and good day! Think I will go and enjoy a glass of vino! Skal; particularly to all gardeners and "would be" gardeners!

No comments: