Saturday 5 May 2007

Costume Jewellry




Been a full day; a nice one; however, the time just disappeared too quickly! Am thankful it is evening!

This afternoon, I went through my Mum's jewellry; primarily all her costume jewellry. The Chanel photo images that you see, are similar to what I "found". The chain belt is very similar to a few chain belts that I located today. Plus the other piece of jewellry resembles some of her broaches and earrings; as in the gold, the pearls, and gems. I think they are all lovely looking; and I am most appreciative, and looking forward to wearing them! Fun and good looking costume jewellry!

An interesting tidbitz - I came across approx 10 earrings; and they had no matching earring??? My Mum wore "clip ons" - so, they must have been lost in transit.

Tidbit - Ultimately, I am going to make up a charm bracelet out of these "single" earrings; that will be a nice momento and sentimental tribute to my Mum's memory. Plus, it is a good way of creating and salvaging the best of what there is!

My Mum LOVED Chanel; and in those days, the Chanel design of jewellry, perfune, and clothing ( the famous Chanel suits), was quite the rage!

Bittid - There were also some pairs of earrings; which, I am going to have changed into pierced earrings; as my tidbit ear lobes are not able to hold "clip ons"; let alone these heavy ones that my Mum wore in her day! My Mum passed away in July / 02; and, after much procrastination, I finally went through some of her stowed away "stuff" today. It felt good to have tackled that task.

Here is wishing you all a good night; and God Bless.

No comments: