Thursday 7 May 2009

Thursday thoughts!
























Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

We have been out and about today! I started by being up at 6:30 am; put the coffee on, lit a fire, and re organized the costume jewellry; putting various 'sets' together. ie necklaces with matching earrings; as well as 'grouping' pieces by colour, composition, and style. Alan and I then went through and priced various items; and are going later this afternoon to the shop near us. As mentioned in yesterday's post, they have a terrific assortment of quality pieces; be it clothing, purses, shoes, handbags, jewellry accessories, antique items - a very 'funky, fun, and thriving' little shop, methinks!

The 'questionable behaviour' I experienced yesterday from the other lady, has left me a bittid aghast; however, I have learned a tidbit good lesson. ie To not be as naively accomodating in 'rushed situations' or whatever intimidating pressure tactics may appear. Once again, 'trust your gut'. Methinks, 'she saw me coming'; and I 'knew' I should have simply said, 'I will come back another time, when it is more convenient', taken my few tid items, and promptly left.

The hockey game is on tonight; so am looking forward to cheering our team on! We have dinner pre prepared; so it is just a matter of throwing everything into the oven and voila! We will also enjoy a glass of South African red wine with our meal; and appreciate being home on a very rainy night. Weather is certainly not 'springlike'; am wearing 'wintery' gear.

Just took photos of my favourite two paintings! The portrait of the 'pensive lady' looks even better in her new location; and the other unique painting is of a wonderful Paris Street scene. The art expert who was here yesterday, is going to research those paintings, as well as some others for us. It is always good to learn a tidbitz of art history / origin, methinks. Also, if you wish, you can refer to my April 29th post, 'Pensive' for a further bittidz of background.

Have a few things to do, before we head back out again.

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: