Wednesday 11 June 2008

Tid by bit, our story continues


Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

Still cold here; ie 52 degrees F. The damp coast air goes right through you; and it is raining, as I write. Our tidbit veggies seem to be 'hanging in there'; and we are looking forward to a bittid of warmer temperatures. However, could be a whole lot worse; so am thankful for where we live, our Blessings etc.

Alan and I enjoyed ourselves last night - immensely. To tidbitz on the food, Alan had French Onion Soup, I had Oysters on the Half Shell! (Mmmmmm!) to start with, then followed by a scrumptious Caesar Salad, as well as a Filet Mignon to die for! (Have not had steak for such a long time; so am very appreciative!). I devoured a trio of homemade fruit sorbet; (I went all out!) and we each had an after dinner drink; ie Alan had Sambucca and I had a Spanish Coffee. Also, with dinner, we savoured a lovely bottle of Red Wine, from the Napa Valley, U.S. Talk about a bittidz of International selections! LOL!

A bit more of tid on our story. Alan had been on his own for some 20 years; and I for some 16 years. He, alas, did not have children from his first marriage and fortunately, I was Blessed with 2 wonderful children. And am now, a 'young Grandma' of twin boys, who will be 2 yrs in July. How time flies!

Had gone out with 'someone' for many (14) years; and in an earlier blog, "Let it Go" of Dec 3/07; you might find it helpful to refer to it, if you wish. It did not work out (we did not live together) ; but it was not the 'right combination' and for that, I am truly grateful; because Alan and I so beautifully 'found' each other!

I had had approx 18 mos on 'my own'; still was recooperating, I might add from a very nasty bout of 'bad news' pneumonia. Eventhough, I went through the motions of 'playing the field'; I enjoyed my own company and spent time with my friends. ie on most Saturdays, I would go to the Hairdresser for 8:30 am, (thought I am going to look 'good' - for me; plus it is an 'up' when you have a 'good hair day'; AND, you are 'ready' for anything! LOL!), had a delicious cinnamon bun avec icing, and a gourmet large latte coffee. Mmmmmmm!

After that, I went down to the local Produce, Fish, Poulty & Meat, Flower Market / Food Fair; and enjoyed breathing in all the exotic smells of all that was around me. I would also select my food and flowers for the evening; because you see, I would invite various friends (happened to be couples) over for dinner! I would be responsible for the 'Main Course', someone would bring the 'appies', and someone would bring the dessert. Of course, people were more than welcome to BYOB.(Bring your own booze). Generally they offered to bring a bottle or two! of wine, which always worked out with the dinner (and I had some wine on hand; must always be prepared! LOL). I would do the veggies, main course, and salad; so it all was a very lovely and easy way to entertain - OFTEN! And nobody minded; because, it was a 'no fuss, no muss' evening. Also, 'they' then would ask me, 'How soon can we do this again?' LOL!

The weird tid thing was, for many a time, I would always set an 'extra' seat; and then realize that there was 'one too many!', as my friends would laughingly point out to me! LOL! My friends would say, 'Alright, who have you met?' Of course, I always replied, 'No one; or at least not anyone that has caught my eye', plus I was not 'looking'. Needed time to 'heal'; as far as I was concerned; both from the exhausting pneumonia (lost a lot of weight; not a good recommended way to lose pounds)and from a bit of a 'broken heart'. However, as I got 'more into the swing of things' and enjoying my new set of circumstances (I made up my mind, I would be proactive and positive each and every day!), I realized that 'life goes on'. And then as time passed, my life was becoming more full again.

In the next post or few, I will continue with our flourishing story (An Answer to Prayer).

Tidbit - My Dad used to say, 'Life is like a bank account; what you put in, is what you take out of it".

Bittid - "Smile, and the world laughs with you; Weep and you cry alone".

In other words, make the best of things; and "Praise Him in ALL Things".

LOVE the above photo image of the fellow's facial expressions on the plate, inhaling his oyster! For those of you, who love oysters, you can appreciate his amusing antics! LOL! Also, we happen to have that delightful plate; and I smile / laugh everytime I walk by it; which is everyday!

God Bless.

No comments: