Tuesday 19 June 2007

"Put it to bed!"



This was "me" last night. Hence no post!

Tidbit - "Put it to bed", and let it go! I did just that; turned off the computer, and called it a night. Was not able to access connection to the internet or emails; however, this morning, things appear to be "working" again. A local network difficulty.

A quick recap of the day. Alan picked his Mum up in the early am and brought her over here to do the laundrey; as her lady had just "quit". His Mum did not want to put us out; was more than happy to go to a laundromat; and have a coffee in a nearby cafe. No way, Alan and I thought! She ended up being here most of the day. As it was a rainy cold day, a warm, crackling fire was much appreciated; as well as delicious spaghetti 'leftovers' for lunch. And, she enjoyed a glass of red wine. Alan was saying to her yesterday, 'that if we had the money', we would definitely re-locate her and her husband to a condo; which would include a live in a nurse / caregiver. As mentioned in one of my posts, she has a tidbitz of a room; and nothing else. No bittidz fridge, no nothing. So, this was the least we could do for her; and it turned out to be a 'breath of fresh air' visit for her and for us.

Tuesdays are generally her time with us; however, do not know how she will be feeling today. She is pretty exhausted; in fact she fell asleep on our love seat, in front of the fire. She believes that her time is running out; so we are doing everything we can to uplift both hers and Alan's Dad's spirits. I went through this heart wrench with my Dad, then my Mum; so now it is with Alan's parents. He has other sibblings; however, that is another story.

Bittid - 'Less said is best! "CHANGING" is hard to do; and there comes a time, when you just have to get on with things, make the best of the circumstances; and SIMPLY MOVE ON. I will tilly tally a tid on this - His Mum is absolutely devastated with the other 3 sibblings' mean spirited and malicious behaviour towards my husband. "Judged, lest ye be judged" is very true. However, we have left the "door open"; should "they" wish to reconcile with Alan. He is not a "yes" person; has always taken a stand for what is "right". For that poignancy, he has been maligned. For what it is worth, I believe my earth Dad would have really appreciated Alan; because my Dad was not a "yes" person either. So few people have taken the time to get to know Alan; I am very blessed to have him in my life. When the time is taken to know him, "they" think, "What a great guy! You are lucky". In an eventual post(s), I will blog about "An Answer to Prayer"; because that is what amazingly brought us together. Guess I digressed for a bit!

In closing, the sun came out in its full evening glory; robins were still singing; hummingbirds and bees whirling about, etc. Very peaceful and tranquil; the computer woes were long forgotten and before turning in for the night, gave the computer one last try. No such luck; so I just shut everything down and "put it to bed!"

Will post again, later on. Hope you are enjoying your day!

No comments: