Sunday 17 June 2007

P.S. Queen Elizabeth Rose - on Father's Day!



A Bittid of a P.S. The "Queen Elizabeth" Rose is looking wonderful today; of all days! It is surrounded by other tids of budding blooms; however, we will leave the rose undisturbed on the branch. The fresh fall of rain has not spoiled it; and the 2 Queen Elizabeth rose bushes that I blogged about a bit ago, are totally awesome!

Tidbit - My Dad used to say, "Take time to smell the roses". "Well" (deep subject; an earlier blog) that is what we are doing! Just cleaned our fireplace; I do not think it has been cleaned properly since my Dad passed away. He used to always keep a 'ship shape' hearth. So, I thought of him, as I was cheerfully attending to it; and, a few enlightening bits of tids came to me.

Bittid - My Dad also would state, " Never send a boy, to do a man's job". and, also, "If you are going to do a job, either do it 100% or not at all" 'No half way stuff'. He was / is so right. Hmmmmm. So first, before "jumping in", I took an evaluative look at the inside of the fireplace, as it was pretty "grungy". Could not believe all the accumulated soot tids and bits that had festered, and had embedded themselves, over the years, within those dark interior charcoaled walls! It is not so much in tackling the task; as, it is in the journey!

Also, I was, as always, exhuberantly saying, "Praise Him in All Things". Thank you for what we have already! We are really appreciating this special day; pouring rain and all! "Take the time to smell the roses!"

No comments: