Thursday 21 June 2007

Happy First Day of Summer!


Well, here it is! First day of Summer! Interesting the thoughts that summer brings to us...Is it barbecues, longer daylight hours, suntanning in the warmer weather, going to the beach / cottage/ vacation, parties, hiking & summer sports, out of school???. etc etc. etc.

Having watched a 'late movie' last night, I was given my "second wind". I was awake until 5 am; and, I noticed that it was "light out" before 4:00 am! It was the longest day of the year; daylight wise. Was sorely tempted to get up, but wisely thought better of it and stayed in bed until about 8:30 ish.

Am glad, we "prepped" our patio for outdoor summer living! Hoping to retrieve our 'ancient' barbecue soon, from our tenant. It is awkward to carry; so all being well, my son, Arthur will help Alan transport it from our previous homestead patio to here. Our barbecue may be 'old and grungy looking', compared to the newest, sleekest, stainless steel models; but it still works "like a dream!" We would like to utilize our barbecue all year round; and, it would be great to enjoy it ultimately with a "heater" lamp, when cooler temperatures prevail. A bittidz - barbecued food is very healthy for you!

Tidbit - Appreciate what you have; and make it work, as if "new" - ie an 'old' barbecue! We will tidbitz ours up; and look forward to many fun occasions of enjoying "R & R".

Bittid - Earlier in the day, when I had my bath; I saw a pair of Blue Dragonflies, flying overhead. I was admiring the 'blue skies of summer', from our bathroom skylight; and suddenly, there they were, whizzing about, like mini tid helicopters! Interesting that I had just written about Blue Dragonflies in my earlier bit post of today. I had never seen Blue Dragonflies flying over our skylight! That was a real treat! I thanked Him; and realized evenmore, that "There are NO coicidences". Everything happens for a reason; and it was wonderful to see those Blue Dragonflies, flying so 'carefree and happy'. I thought that was such an awesome start to summer!

As mentioned earlier today, our realtor has 2 showings this evening. We are trusting Him to provide our realtor and us, with the "right" buyer. The evening sun is shining brightly; so Prayerfully, tonight will be the night! The showings are happening as we blog!

Happy First Day of Summer!!! Please feel free to share your comments; as to what you think summer means to you!

A further piece of tidbittical - the salt and pepper shakers shown in the photo image, are exactly like ours! And the barbecue, is quite similar to our bittidical barbecue!

God Bless you all.

No comments: