Monday 14 October 2013

'Generosity of spirit' and remembering with Thanksgiving!

Good Afternoon, or whatever is the best greeting to you, in your part of the world!

It is Thanksgiving Monday and what a beautiful sunny long weekend, it has been!
We are very grateful for our Blessings! Each and every day is like a 'mini' thanksgiving to Alan and I! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

We are appreciative and thankful for the 'generosity of spirit' that we have received over the last short tid while! Random acts of kindness, words of encouragement, is a tidbit of fresh air to us. This Thanksgiving, therefore, has been all the more special!

Yesterday morning, I watched and listened to Dr. Charles Stanley. His message on "Real Freedom" is excellent! I would heartily recommend those of you, who feel 'captive' and burdened, tune into www.intouch.org and watch the inspirational video! Dr. Stanley shares that Freedom is about HOPE; and that 'you are truly free, when you are spiritually free.'

As a further bittidz, that I found earlier today, here is another tidbitz excerpt from Dr. Stanley, which methinks, is exceedingly helpful and empowering!

"Satan knows our victory and fruitfulness as Christians are directly related to our prayer life. If he can derail us in this area, every other aspect of our existence will be affected as well.

Since prayer is a battle, we need to think of ourselves as soldiers and realize that our Commander has provided everything we need to be victorious. Ephesians 6:10-17 tells us to put on God’s armor, cover ourselves with the shield of faith, and hold out the sword of His Word. Although His armor protects us from a variety of attacks, it’s interesting that Paul mentions prayer in the very next verse (Eph. 6:18). Every time we pray, we need to get dressed for a spiritual battle.

Think for a moment about all that’s involved in being a soldier and how that relates to prayer. Besides being appropriately dressed for battle, a soldier must be watchful, determined, persistent, knowledgeable, and obedient to his commander’s instructions. Would these words describe your prayer life? Are you alert to Satan’s attempts to delay, distract, or confuse you? Are you determined to pray when you might not feel like it? Do you persevere even though your requests aren’t answered immediately? Are you reading God’s Word so you’ll know how your Commander wants you to pray?


The next time you get on your knees, remember that you’re entering a battleground. Satan will do everything in his power to stop you because he knows a praying Christian is a danger to his agenda. And in God’s army, there is no retirement. You’re in this battle for life until God takes you home to heaven. So stand firm and never give up, because your effectiveness and personal victory in Christ are linked to the time you spend with the Lord in prayer."

This is also a bittid of a time to reflect; and the Norwegian 'Skal to Absent Friends' is right on! Apart from my parents, one of the people I would like to remember, is someone who died last October. I am so glad that I called on the Thanksgiving long weeked, to wish him a 'Happy Thanksgiving.' Because, within a
a few bit weeks later he passed away. Fortunately, I spoke with him and we both shared, we were thankful for our many Blessings!

As a bittid thought, a few years ago, I gave him my Bible (I loved its beautiful pictures, clarity of big print to read!); hoping the Bible would bring him a bit of comfort and refuge. He was a very avid reader, and I remember he was very appreciative at the time, when I gave him this Bible. He had lots of spare time, so I believe he read and sought its truths. To this day, 'May he rest in peace.' I also think of my parents, and other loved ones, who have since passed away.

Tidbit - Act with GRACE. When it is difficult to do so, Ask Him to provide you with the help to act with GRACE.

Bittid - When you are needing an uplift, find a passage in the Bible, that gives you hope and peace.

Last night, when I was Praying, I felt as if I was being 'preyed' upon. Mmmmm. Well, I asked the Holy Spirit for His help to divert that distraction. That being said, I got up out of bed, and was immediately 'directed' to the Bible; and quite literally, the Book opened to 1 Samuel 16; 12 & 13! Many a time I have been 'guided' to that compellingly powerful passage of strength and resilent resolve!

Verse 12 - So he went and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, with beautiful eyes and a handsome appearance. And the Lord said, "Arise, anoint him, for this is he."
Verse 13 - Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon David from that day forward. And Samuel arose and went to Ramah.

I love the MIGHTY message about 'the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon David from that day forward.' It is roaringly mighty music to my heart strings!!! That was exactly what tidbit my ears and heart were seeking, and needed to hear at that very tid moment! "MIGHTILY" spoke loud and clear! Small wonder God said that David is 'a man after My Own Heart!' David is also one of my favourite people in the Bible!



I love this photo image of David and Goliath! A bit of a bittid; simply rely upon Christ to fight all your battles, and leave all the consequences to Him. FEAR NOT!

Peace and God Bless.

No comments: